So listen to this:

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
As some of you know around here, you can not add a line on Feb 3rd and get the iPhone. That is what I intended to do. I had to use the loophole suggested by some members here, that being:

1)Get an old crappy Verizon phone.
2) Add a line TODAY for $9.99 with no contract.
3) Order the iPhone on the 3rd for the discounted price and only THEN sign the contract.

So I wake up today to do this. I go to my local Verizon Wireless store and the answer I get?

"Absolutely not. Not possible. If you add a new line you only have 14 days to add a new phone to it or else you are stuck with that old phone on it for 2 years. Period. Plus, you probably won't get an iPhone anytime soon."

I immediately left and wanted a 2nd opinion. I drove to another VZW store. I told them my plan and:

"I have no idea why that other lady told you that, but we would be glad to help you add a line, contract-free, to your current account and you will be INSTANTLY eligible for an upgrade to the iPhone."

Signed. Sealed. Delivered.

I checked VZW and confirmed, this new line is upgrade eligible.

Do you believe that!? Horrible customer service if I do say so, well half at least. =/

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
From what I was told at store #2, store #1 was not not an authorized retailer or something. It was like this:

Store 1 was called "Verizon Wireless; CCW authorized retailer"

and store 2 was called: "Verizon Wireless"

highlife

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
From what I was told at store #2, store #1 was not not an authorized retailer or something. It was like this:

Store 1 was called "Verizon Wireless; CCW authorized retailer"

and store 2 was called: "Verizon Wireless"

Exactly as I thought..

The authorized retailers won't get iphones in stock until april. They don't want to tell you this, since they only get commission when they sell things. They are going to try and make you think getting an iphone will be impossible for a while, and push an android off on you.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Store #1 was likely not corporate; #2 likely was - because they got the job done...

Authorized retailers won't be in on the iPhone for a while - and some are POed about it... which explains results you described above from store #1.

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Exactly as I thought..

The authorized retailers won't get iphones in stock until april. They don't want to tell you this, since they only get commission when they sell things. They are going to try and make you think getting an iphone will be impossible for a while, and push an android off on you.

Now that you mention it, store #1 had NO "Verizon iPhone!" advertisements.

Store 2 had "COME GET THE VERIZON IPHONE IT'S THE BEST THING SINCE SLICED BREAD!!!!!!!11111oneoneonetwo"

Either way, if the "authorized retailers" are going to treat customers like they then why should they be authorized?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Actually, the more traffic Verizon can drive to on-line & telesales - the more they like it. Less overhead. More profit.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Yeah leave the authorized retailers alone if possible. They always give out incorrect information. I remember last summer when bought the Droid Inc and within the 30 days the X came out. So I went back to them and said I wanted to swap. Dude gonna tell me that they can only sell the X to new customers or upgrade eligible. They couldn't swap one from me. So I said "cool, well I want to return them then. I'll just go to a corporate store to get an X". Well immediately he decided that it was a better decision for him to swap out the phone than to lose a sell altogether. Stay away from them guys if you can. The corporate stores are more forthright with correct information.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods