Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

1 Posts
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

Default Sync iPhone with Exchange at the office and Google at home

Here's what I want to do:

I currently sync my iPhone (and iPad) at the office with ActiveSync / Exchange protocol. Works great.

I use my iPhone / iPad as my main address book and calendar.

As I use Gmail at home, I would like my Gmail contacts (and calendar while at it) to sync with my office Exchange contacts.

I do NOT have admin rights on my work laptop so I can NOT add GoogleSync to my work PC.

I would like to setup my iPhone / iPad as the "relay", the "broker", between Google and Exchange so that all contacts and calendar entries are cleanly synced between Exchange and Google.

Is this possible?

iMore Elite

2,967 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,878 Global Posts

You can't. Google uses Exchange the same way your employer is using it, as a protocol to sync up devices. You can setup Google Sync on your iPhone as a second Exchange account and have everything from both on your iPhone. But you won't get the two to "talk" to each other. The iPhone will be able to display a global list of emails, contacts, and calenders so it will look like everything is one. You can also view them alone if you wish.