Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

4 Posts
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

Default iphone 2g activation help?

So I opened a new account with ATT and picked up a 32gb iphone 4. Ive had an iphone 2g for the past week. Basically Ive been trying the 2g data loophole, but my itunes will not recognize the sim card in the 2g. The phone is always on the insert into itunes screen. "The SIM card inserted in this iPhone does not appear to be supported", appears on itunes. The 2g is running the lastest firmware for the 2g, and itunes is also running the lastest version.
    I previously picked up an unused sim card from the att store and tried to activate the 2g, received the same message. Took the 2g into a corp store, and the manager tried, same message. So today I took my micro sim out of the i4, put it in a micro sim adapter and into the 2g, same message.
    Any suggestions from anyone? The ATT iphone 2g was never jailbroken or unlocked.
    iMore Genius

7,265 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,332 Global Posts

Why don't you try to JB and unlock the 2G or maybe reload the firmware? If it's an AT&T iPhone I don't see why it wouldn't accept the SIM?