Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Intermediate

iOS Version
    iOS6

Default Case and screen protectors

I am ordering both today, anyone have any ideas.
    Where are you getting your vzw iPhone case from?

32GB Gold 5S Running IOS8
    Owner Of A 64gb iPad mini Running IOS8
    Owner Of MacBook Pro 2012
    Owner Of A 32gb 4th Gen Ipod Touch
    Own a Verizon Black 16GB Iphone 5
    Owned Of A 16gb Vzw IPhone 4S

Owned A 16gb Vzw Iphone 4
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    936 Global Posts

I ordered a blue bumper from Apple. I'm not getting screen protectors for two reasons; the bumper is extended slightly on both sides so the glass won't touch any surfaces, and I trust the durability of the hardened glass.
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iMore Intermediate

iOS Version
    iOS6

Quote Originally Posted by Jakes View Post
    I ordered a blue bumper from Apple. I'm not getting screen protectors for two reasons; the bumper is extended slightly on both sides so the glass won't touch any surfaces, and I trust the durability of the hardened glass.
    I was looking at the pop case from case mate and it come with a screen protected but AT&T iPhone user got bumpers for free, I want verizon do that but with bump I feel my screen will leave hand prints or crack

32GB Gold 5S Running IOS8
    Owner Of A 64gb iPad mini Running IOS8
    Owner Of MacBook Pro 2012
    Owner Of A 32gb 4th Gen Ipod Touch
    Own a Verizon Black 16GB Iphone 5
    Owned Of A 16gb Vzw IPhone 4S

Owned A 16gb Vzw Iphone 4
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    936 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Devinfowlkes15 View Post
    I was looking at the pop case from case mate and it come with a screen protected but AT&T iPhone user got bumpers for free, I want verizon do that but with bump I feel my screen will leave hand prints or crack
    I'd like free bumpers too but AT&T users got them free for a reason. Look at it this way, would you rather have a semi-faulty antenna design with a free bumper or an antenna that works regardless of how you hold it and have to pay for your bumper? I'd choose the latter.
    iPhone Pro

Global Posts
    1,359 Global Posts

I'd like free bumpers too but AT&T users got them free for a reason. Look at it this way, would you rather have a semi-faulty antenna design with a free bumper or an antenna that works regardless of how you hold it and have to pay for your bumper? I'd choose the latter.
    Agree with you id rather have a working phone no matter how I hold it and have to spend money for bumpers
    iPhone Intermediate

As of right now I am planning on using the iPhone with no screen protector or bumper. I have heard great things about the durability of the screen and I would not want to mess with the screen touch or the beautiful retina display.
    iPhone Beginner

just a quick warning, I talked to a verizon rep a few days ago and he specifically warned me about ordering accessories when pre ordering. apparently if you go to pre order the phone and select an accessory that is out of stock they will wait until it becomes available and ship both together at a later date.

of course, he might not have known what he was talking about
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    82 Global Posts

I ordered Nike armband to use with my nike+ kit and the pop case from case mate. I am also thinking about getting new ear buds for running.
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    3,373 Global Posts
    iOS Version

We do not yet know if the Verizon iPhone had it's antenna adjusted to address the "death grip" or if it has something do with CDMA. In any case, I believe you can still get free bumpers. If you call and complain about the death grip problem Apple will send them out on a case by case basis.

You might want to watch some videos of iPhone screens shattering before completely going against a screen protector. I scratched the screen on both my original and 3G iPhone from drops at about hip hieght. A screen protector went on my iPhone 4 right from the box. My sister in law just got a new iPhone 4 yesterday to replace her 3GS with probably the worst shatter I've seen. Pieces of glass had actually come off exposing the circuit board underneath (she is also calling Apple tomorrow about the free bumper).
    iPhone Experts

iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by sting7k View Post
    We do not yet know if the Verizon iPhone had it's antenna adjusted to address the "death grip" or if it has something do with CDMA. In any case, I believe you can still get free bumpers. If you call and complain about the death grip problem Apple will send them out on a case by case basis.

You might want to watch some videos of iPhone screens shattering before completely going against a screen protector. I scratched the screen on both my original and 3G iPhone from drops at about hip hieght. A screen protector went on my iPhone 4 right from the box. My sister in law just got a new iPhone 4 yesterday to replace her 3GS with probably the worst shatter I've seen. Pieces of glass had actually come off exposing the circuit board underneath (she is also calling Apple tomorrow about the free bumper).
    If your glass shatters, do you think a screen protector will do anything? A case perhaps, but I doubt a screen protector will do anything for shattering...

I ordered the Case-Mate POP case btw. I have it and it is nice in the gray/blue.

Global Posts
    11,439 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Darth-gamer View Post
    I ordered the Case-Mate POP case btw. I have it and it is nice in the gray/blue.
    I have one of those - came last week. I like the look.
    Keith - iMore Moderator - The Mobile Nations/iMore Forum Rules
     iPhone5 on VZW;  iPad(2012) - wifi with BadElf for GPS
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." -- Socrates
    iMore Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by kch50428 View Post
    Same here. I like to change cases though. Am interested to see what Sedio comes out with.
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    936 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sting7k View Post

I read that the "death grip" issue was fixed, but I guess we'll see. I dropped my 3G a few times as well and my screen was never scratched, even when I dropped it on gravel and asphalt. Anyway, I might put a screen protector on the back, but I don't want anything clouding my gorgeous Retina display.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth-gamer View Post
    If your glass shatters, do you think a screen protector will do anything? A case perhaps, but I doubt a screen protector will do anything for shattering...

Yeah, the most a screen protector would do is hold the pieces of glass together.

Quote Originally Posted by kch50428 View Post
    Could you post pictures? I'd like to see how it looks in real life rather than just press shots.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I ordered the splash Cruiser on Amazon. Main reason is that I love iFrogz cases (have had one on every iPod I have owned since 2005) and they don yet know which of their current cases will fit right, so wanted something right away. At $16, it will be good enough to use temporarily. Also have always used screen protectors. Ordered those, too.
    iPhone Nanite

I think I am going to go with a bodyGuardz kit on the front and back. As for a case I would like to get the CandyShell Card case by Speck for everyday and an Otterbox Defender for more protection. Still no word on when either of those will be ready for the VZW iPhone.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    iOS Version

@Bigboi816: I emailed otterbox, and they, like iFrogz, are taking the "We will be evaluating the Verizon iPhone as soon as we get our hands on one and will update and that need it as soon as possible after that." Kind of stinks, which is why I went with one with the single opening for the mute and volume controls.

Global Posts
    11,439 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Could you post pictures? I'd like to see how it looks in real life rather than just press shots.

I can't do any better justice with pics than this has. I think they are a very good representation of the product.
    Keith - iMore Moderator - The Mobile Nations/iMore Forum Rules
     iPhone5 on VZW;  iPad(2012) - wifi with BadElf for GPS
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." -- Socrates
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    137 Global Posts

I too got the pop case last week and it is great. I got white/grey
    iPhone Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by skeletongloves View Post
    just a quick warning, I talked to a verizon rep a few days ago and he specifically warned me about ordering accessories when pre ordering. apparently if you go to pre order the phone and select an accessory that is out of stock they will wait until it becomes available and ship both together at a later date.

of course, he might not have known what he was talking about
    This is very much true. Do separate orders for accessories, I always have. Verizon supposed to have a ton of different accessories at launch from what ive heard so who knows.

Either way, thats my two cents, thats what im going to do.
    iPhone Nanite

Well for scratch resistance I'm going to get the Full Body Zagg InvisibleSHIELD.
    iPhone Nanite

Griffin Reveal case looks like the Apple Bumper bu has a clear backing to protect. It's cheaper than the Apple Bumper also.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    203 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by C12ASH13 View Post
    Well for scratch resistance I'm going to get the Full Body Zagg InvisibleSHIELD.
    I would wait to go Full Body(maximum coverage)...

A) Due to the repositioned volume switch on the side there there is currently no compatible full body(maximum coverage) zagg compatible with the Verizon iPhone 4
    B) I put a zagg full body(maximum coverage) on my girlfriend's AT&T iPhone 4 and when I went to put on her hard plastic snap on case it would not fit because the side pieces of the invisible shield are thicker than normal to help fight the antenna problem!

My suggestion is get back and front protection(aka full body easy install) and either use a bumper or another case... I am going red/black otterbox commuter. :-)
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

I'd like either a vapor case or from ultracase.com only problem is I doubt any of there cases are compatible yet with Verizon's iPhone.
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

I ordered a barely there case for the iPhone already, but now people are saying keys will be in different places on the Verizon verzion? I guess I will have to order one from Verizon on Thursday then!
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by dizzo View Post
    I ordered a barely there case for the iPhone already, but now people are saying keys will be in different places on the Verizon verzion? I guess I will have to order one from Verizon on Thursday then!
    That is correct, though from looking at it, it looks as though it will fit since it is the one big opening. Word of the wise, however, on ordering when you order your phone? Do it as a separate transaction. Do the phone alone. Some have suggested that if there is a delay getting the accessory out to you, the phone will wait, too.
     Verizon iPhone 5 Black (32GB)  iPad (32GB Black WiFi 3rd gen)  20" iMac Core2Duo  3rd gen TV 
     Everyone in the house has an iPhone or iPod touch, all our computers are Mac 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast