dropped your iPhone stories, let's hear them

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
in wake of the idiot who is suing Apple i was just curious how many of you have dropped your iPhones and what the result was, good or bad

i just bought a zagg shield this weekend to help with the minor stuff but still will not buy a case for my 4. haven't dropped it yet in 2 months

in the 16 months i had my 3G it was dropped only 3 times (twice on concrete about 3' up and once on a tile floor about the same height) with only minor damage. that thing was pretty durable that's for sure

between my OCD and anxiety i am pretty sure my 4 will never experience a rough landing. IF it does and the glass breaks i'd like to go on record and say i will not be suing Apple for my mistake

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
The first day I had my ip4 I was really excited and I dropped it from about 4 feet onto my hardwood flooring...

There was a long but barely visible scratch as a result of this. However I was having problems with something else on the phone so I got it replaced anyway. No scratches since.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Dropped my first iPhone 4 in the toilet...wrote an epic tale. It was replaced and then sold, and the new one i have is mint and lives in a case...dropped it a couple of times but no damage.

Rainbows...baby smiles...warm spring days...

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Since I roll naked, I am careful. I've dropped it, but on carpet. You better believe that when around hard surfaces that I maintain a strong grip. Wait, this is still about phones right?

anaphora68

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I dropped mine the first day I got it, and put it in a Speck case right after. I was out on a bar-crawl last night, and dropped the phone about 10 feet or so. Case absorbed all of the impact, and probably saved the phone.

I honestly prefer the phone naked, but I don't want to risk destroying it on an epic drop...

Ariyala

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I've dropped mine naked on carpet several times. I've only dropped it on concrete from about 4-5 feet up twice. both times had a case on. (im very clumsey) Still not a single scratch exists on it from being dropped.

Gee-Air-Mo

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I have dropped mine in carpet. My wife has dropped hers on almost every surface known. So far, mine is fine. We have since replaced hers! Ouch!

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I've been notorious for having my phone on my lap when I get out of my car or my 4wd and it face plants down on the blacktop, Luckily, my iSkin solo case for the i4 has absorbed and protected the screen from any damage... had this happen at least 4 but no more than 6 times have I had this happen.... whew ! lol

jeffw78

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I switch between naked and an Otterbox defender. Today my one year old was sittin on my lap jamming to some music playing on the IPhone. Suddenly she tosses it into the air at it clashes to the tile floor with a sound that made me cringe.

Once again Otterbox saves the day.

mrsFAB

Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
I've dropped mine twice down a flight of hardwood stairs and twice onto travertine tile. Fortunately I love "dressing" my phone and it sports a different case every few days. So far so good. No damage!

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I have not dropped my iPhone4 at all. Not sure why/how, but so far, no drops - and I have had it since release day, 6.24.10.

I did, however drop my daughter's 3Gs on to a concrete patio with disastrous results. It was before I had my own iPhone, and was helping her set up her email. I was sitting in a chair on the patio, and placed her phone in the pouch of my hoodie while I sent a test email to her phone. I reached for her phone only to find that it wasn't where I put it! It had slipped out of the pouch and fallen about 18-20 inches and landed face down on the concrete patio. It cost me $200 to replace her shattered screen.

Lesson learned...

trtmazda3

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I've dropped mine about three feet onto a concrete sidewalk, and that was back when I had my OtterBox Defender on it. I also dropped it out of my car and onto my friend's gravel driveway.

Now I have an OtterBox Commuter, and maintain a better grip on the dang phone lol

rknowlt

Feb 27, 2009
Visit site
In my 3 years of iPhone use I'd estimate I've dropped them all a total of around a thousands times. I'm sure some of you are cringing at that statistic, get ready for the next one... all but the ip4 were case-less 99% of the time. And only my 3G ever had debilitating damage done (EPIC screen damage). The most common drop for me would have to be standing up with it on my lap, especially getting out of the car.

Fokas914

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
When I had my 3G I always had a case and dropped it plenty of times with no damage! It was in mint condition when I sold it. Now my iPhone 4 always has a case! When I got it in July, there were still no i4 cases made and I had to go naked for about a month, which scared the **** out of me cause of the glass on both sides, and clumsy me would probably drop it lol luckily for about a month I did not drop it, but I still have a case on my i4, because I am way too paranoid :)

hoosieriphone

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
no damage

I got my 1st iPhone for my Birthday 3 weeks ago. A gift from my wife and daughter. I had to wait 24 hours before I could get to Best Buy and purchase an Otterbox Commuter case. That was a long 24 hours believe me!!! I am a former Blackberry user/abuser and always had an Otterbox on my Bold 9700. Well within an hour after putting on the Otterbox on my new iPhone.....I dropped it face down on our driveway. No damage at all. I love my iPhone4 and Otterbox. Wouldn't go anywhere without it.

Shogun182

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I traded out my 3G for an iphone 4. I got the otterbox defender also that day (good thing). I had it in my shirt pocket an walked into my house. When i bent over to untie my shoes it fell right out of my pocket to the ground. It was like it fell in slow motion and the first thing i said was You gotta be kidding me. Luckily nothing happened to it probably thanks to the otterbox, but dropping it less than an hour after you buy it is not a good feeling

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Dropped my first iPhone 4 in the toilet...wrote an epic tale. It was replaced and then sold, and the new one i have is mint and lives in a case...dropped it a couple of times but no damage.

Rainbows...baby smiles...warm spring days...

i remember that. it was when you started here, wasn't it?

I traded out my 3G for an iphone 4. I got the otterbox defender also that day (good thing). I had it in my shirt pocket an walked into my house. When i bent over to untie my shoes it fell right out of my pocket to the ground. It was like it fell in slow motion and the first thing i said was You gotta be kidding me. Luckily nothing happened to it probably thanks to the otterbox, but dropping it less than an hour after you buy it is not a good feeling

haha, yeah.. i if i were to ever drop mine i'm pretty sure the whole universe would come to a complete stop!

v5point0

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Hardware: iPhone 3G

Number of Drop Times: Beyond a dozen

Usual Drop Height: Sitting Height / Standing Height

Drop Surface: Floor, Road, Cement, Tiles....

Condition: Superficial scratches on front glass and back plastic but otherwise it works just fine. The phone has recently been replaced for other reasons and now I have a brand new 3G which (touch wood) has not been dropped yet.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh