iPod issues a reason for upgrading to 32gig iPhone 4?

nibbz430

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I've had my 80 gig iPod classic since November of 2007 and as of late it seems to be having some issues. When I handle it as its playing, or just as I go to place the iPod down it will pause. This happens very often and is very frustrating to say the least. Also the headphone jack doesn't appear to hold the headphones in tightly anymore and it seems to just slide out of the jack.

I bought my Droid 1 in June of last year. I regretted the purchase less than 2 weeks later when I heard the Droid X and Droid 2 were coming. Now it seems a high quality Android device comes out every 3 months and it's frustrating for me as a user as I always want the most bang for my buck and I feel cheated when they come out with something good so soon after something they just released.

With iPhone, I'll only have to worry with a new device once a year which means having the old version for one year or less. Plus iPhones hold their value a lot higher and a lot longer than Android devices. (My sister's boyfriend sold his iPhone 3G for $150!)

So what do you guys think? Jump and get the iPhone? Wait? Get the iPod fixed?

nibbz430

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
hahaha, I do need push. For so many years I longed to have what my friends on at&t bragged about, the iPhone. Then Droid came and I was happy with that, but now, and even though I truly believe Android is a better mobile phone operating system, I want that iPhone. Right now it's just a now, or 6 months from now, or a year from now thing. When will verizon get the NEW iphone, and will it be such an upgrade that I regret my iphone 4 purchase?

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I am a cell phone whore.... I jumped from VZW to ATT to get the original iPhone. Got the 3G, then 3GS (3G & 3GS, I paid full retail) Jumped to Verizon for the Storm, then Droid, Incredible, Droid X, Fascinate, and presently a Droid Pro. (Droid, Incredible, Droid X, Fascinate, Droid Pro, I paid full retail).

1) I take care of my phones to protect their resale value.

2) I switch early, so my prior phone usually is still desired by people, another factor in resale value.

2) I wont hesitate to switch to another phone even if I have to pay full retail. I usually end up paying about $100 or less over the new customer pricing after I sell my prior phone.

3) I dont regret..... I buy :)

nibbz430

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I messed with the Droid pro and that seems to be a GREAT device. Just wanted to throw that out there, it's one pf my favorite unique Android form factors. I don't have the money to constantly upgrade, when I get my degree and a job maybe I will because I am a cell phone whore as well. Keeping my loyalties with Apple should make it affordable to upgrade once every year or 2.

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
The only thing I will miss about android is the widgets. I still cant figure out why apple doesn't allow them. Oh well, nothing a jailbreak cant solve.

If you get the iPhone and later fancy the Bionic or even the soon to be released Thunder, I bet you could almost break even after you sell your iPhone or even make a little $$.

shipwrestler125

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I am getting the iphone 4 I have been waiting for years for it to come to verizon. I like android but hate the ****ty updates where as with apple once an update is out it is available to everyone not a select few. Also apple has a 1 year update where with android they have new phones coming out every few months so it makes it hard to get a phone when another is right around the corner