Docks, stock, and barrel.

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
What a lame thread title.

Anyway, I want to order a dock for the iP4 I will be getting (with any luck). To anyone with experience with them: I have a Verizon iPhone POP case (by case-mate). I want to know what my best option would be so I can just plop my phone down and let it be, i.e. no taking the case off. Will the iPhone 4 dock do that or is the case too thick. I'd hate to have to buy the universal dock for $60 just for my iPhone 4 and iPod touch. If the iPhone 4 dock would work then I could just plug the iPod in manually, but if not, what did you guys do in this situation?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Unless that case is a slider where the bottom comes off, it won't fit on the dock. Your best bet if you use a case (or plan to use a case) is to get a universal dock.

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Unless that case is a slider where the bottom comes off, it won't fit on the dock. Your best bet if you use a case (or plan to use a case) is to get a universal dock.

What about a Kensington Dock with mini battery? I think that is the route I may go, as it claims to fit the iP4 in a case.

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
The thing that is killing me about the Universial dock is the price though. At least with the Kensington it is cheaper, comes with an emergency battery AND has a $15 Mail In Rebate. I might get that one to try it, and if I hate it, send it back.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I got a universal dock on ebay for $15. There is nothing around the plug part, so I can fit my iPhone in with any case on, and it has 3 positions. It's been great.

ajl06808

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I have never purchased a dock for any phone but I am looking to purchase one for my flash new iPhone 4. My concern is if the Apple iPhone 4 Dock will fit with my Case-Mate Pop!. What are other suggestions?

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I have never purchased a dock for any phone but I am looking to purchase one for my flash new iPhone 4. My concern is if the Apple iPhone 4 Dock will fit with my Case-Mate Pop!. What are other suggestions?

Like Alli said, you can get a universal dock off of eBay for fairly cheap.

VZiPhoneFinally

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I am using my old iHome 2 go as my dock/alarm clock! I have to have some sort of dock with every smartphone but it is nice to not have to purchase another one.