Navigation

Entertainment72

Apr 1, 2009
Visit site
Don't forget about MotionX GPS Drive for $.99, unbeatable for the price.

MotionX GPS Drive - $0.99
Magellan RoadMate- $59.99
TomTom U.S.A - $49.99
Navigon North America - $49.99
Garmin StreetPilot - $39.99
Verizon VZNavigator - Probably Free (Monthly Subscription?)
AT&T Navigator - Free (Monthly Subscription)
Global Navigator - Free

..many many more, life is good.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
VZ Nav is $9.99/month

And from what I've read in a forum of GPS users... those $0.99 apps aren't worth that... Navigon seems to be popular as it has full maps loaded to the phone - where Garmin's caches maps as you go - so if you loose a data signal, and run out of cached maps - you're SOL for navigation.

I may spring for Navigon or Garmin... have not decided which one yet.

shinbone

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
VZ Nav is $9.99/month

And from what I've read in a forum of GPS users... those $0.99 apps aren't worth that... Navigon seems to be popular as it has full maps loaded to the phone - where Garmin's caches maps as you go - so if you loose a data signal, and run out of cached maps - you're SOL for navigation.

I may spring for Navigon or Garmin... have not decided which one yet.

^^ agree with you . . I bought Navigon (U.S. for 39.99). It's sitting in my iTunes, ready to loaded onto my ViP4 as soon as I get it

Tunnelrunner

Jul 7, 2008
Visit site
I might have missed it, but did anyone mention the FREE app MapQuest 4 Mobile? It's the iPhone "equivalent" of Google Navigation (streams turn by turn data live). Waze also does this, but is not as good as MapQuest.

I'm hoping that Google Navigation will eventually come to iOS in 2011. All the other major Google apps have already migrated over so...

End_User

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
@Tunnelrunner thanks for the tip I have also been looking for a navigation app so I am excited to try MapQuest 4 Mobile out.
kg.

epphllps

Aug 1, 2009
Visit site
Navigon is great and very reliable. Definitely worth the price, though if you switch to android, like I did, it's not much help. Glad to be back!

shipwrestler125

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I might have missed it, but did anyone mention the FREE app MapQuest 4 Mobile? It's the iPhone "equivalent" of Google Navigation (streams turn by turn data live). Waze also does this, but is not as good as MapQuest.

I'm hoping that Google Navigation will eventually come to iOS in 2011. All the other major Google apps have already migrated over so...

I downloaded mapquest 4 and cant wait to put it on my iphone and try it out.

stockandroidguy

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
This is probably going to be the one feature I will miss the most after moving away from my DroidX. I'm debating on either paying for an app on the iPhone, or buying a dedicated GPS unit. I'm leaning toward the latter....

i have to agree as well leaving a droid incredible and will miss that easy navigation

shipwrestler125

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I will likely do the same and hope google navigation comes to the iphone. I used the voice search constantly and had good results with it. Who knows, maybe the Mapquest 4 will add the feature at a later time?

Yeah you never know I men now that the iphone is on more than one carrier maybe that will make them feel like it is more necessary to update the app more often to try and improve it like google nav

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh