Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Intermediate

iOS Version
    iOS6

Default What Phones Are You Leaving From && Company

I Am Leaving My Verizon Blackberr Storm 2 For A 32gb Iphone.
    How About You?
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    137 Global Posts

Selling my Droid Incredible and picking up a 32G iPhone.
    iPhone Beginner

Been with Verizon for over 9 years and my first Smartphone was the Blackberry Storm then moved to the Droid on the first day of release. I liked the Droid but it does act weird at times like randomly calling people I have not called in days. I'll miss the widgets but not enough to stay with the android operating system.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,111 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    IOS 7

Going from Droid X to 32GB Iphone.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    203 Global Posts

Moving from Sprint EVO / Palm Pre to two 16 GB iPhones.
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    603 Global Posts

Selling my Palm Pre Plus for the iPhone! (Keeping my Bold, too ... I can't give up the QWERTY!)

Been a loyal Verizon customer since they were Bell Atlantic in the 90s! Wouldn't give up my great service for anything, and now excited Apple finally came to Verizon with the right network hardware!
    iPhone Newbie

Im leaving Android and my Droid Inc behind for a 32GB iPhone!!!
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    520 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by ericsmcdonald View Post
    Selling my Palm Pre Plus for the iPhone! (Keeping my Bold, too ... I can't give up the QWERTY!)

Been a loyal Verizon customer since they were Bell Atlantic in the 90s! Wouldn't give up my great service for anything, and now excited Apple finally came to Verizon with the right network hardware!
    With the exception of the bold comment, same here. Bell Atlantic since 1996. Palm Pre Plus ($78 through gazelle.com with bonus code).
     Verizon iPhone 6 Space Grey (64GB)  iPad (32GB Black WiFi 3rd gen)  13" MacBook Pro Retina  3rd gen TV
    iPhone Experts

iOS Version

Keeping (I'm opening another line so it has to stay, but I won't touch it) my horrible Samsung Rogue to get my 1st SmartPhone.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0 Beta1

Selling Droid X for iPhone 32 GB
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    137 Global Posts

OG Droid -> 16gig iphone
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    809 Global Posts

I've been on Verizon for years and I'm leaving (already left, actually) a Droid Pro for a 16GB iPhone 4. Before that, I had the original Droid, Droid Incredible, and Droid X.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    461 Global Posts

Been with Verizon since their Bell Atlantic Mobile days, and am now happily giving up my Storm2 to hit the 32gb iPhone. I have wanted one for years but refused to leave the comfort of VZW.

Counting the days.
    From PC to Mac and from Palm to iPhone.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    842 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    IOS 5.0

I have also wanted an iPhone for years, but AT&T is horrid in my area. So selling my Droid X to get a 32GB iPhone
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    120 Global Posts

Giving up on my HTC TouchPro 2 (been with Windows Mobile for years, Palm before that, Treo FTW)
    iPhone Pro

Global Posts
    1,358 Global Posts

selling motorola droid for 16gb iphone
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    520 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by ericsmcdonald View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Scout_313 View Post
    I've been on Verizon for years and I'm leaving (already left, actually) a Droid Pro for a 16GB iPhone 4. Before that, I had the original Droid, Droid Incredible, and Droid X.
    Two questions for you. Do you tend to pay full retail? And do you think you will get every new iPhone or, like I think I will be, finally enjoy what I have and won't be looking for the next big thing (at least until the 20 month mark )? Because I played with a few driods, asked family with them, but ultimately went with the palm pre plus because it was the most Apple-like (same vendor for software/hardware). But it never quite lived up to the anticipation or quality of my iPod touch/iOS. LOVED it the first 3 months, until the darn thing started literally burning a hole in my pocket. Then, one day, no 3G, no Wifi. I could watch the battery drop % like a count down, then couldn't even make calls. Got a replacement, but then it happened again, and now I have a fairly new one, no scratches or anything, that it isn't happening to. But now I've soured on it. 1/11/11 @ 11:11 AM didn't help matters.
     Verizon iPhone 6 Space Grey (64GB)  iPad (32GB Black WiFi 3rd gen)  13" MacBook Pro Retina  3rd gen TV
    iPhone Newbie

Original Droid... I like Android, but I use my touch whenever I have a wifi connection instead of my phone. That right there should tell me something.
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    520 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by allaboutpunky View Post
    Original Droid... I like Android, but I use my touch whenever I have a wifi connection instead of my phone. That right there should tell me something.
    Yeah, I think it does. I have the free mobile hotspot on my pre. 90% of the time my phone (for anything other than talk/text) is used is in Mobile Hotspot mode and use my iPod touch connected to it.
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    809 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by starbird View Post
    Two questions for you. Do you tend to pay full retail? And do you think you will get every new iPhone or, like I think I will be, finally enjoy what I have and won't be looking for the next big thing (at least until the 20 month mark )? Because I played with a few driods, asked family with them, but ultimately went with the palm pre plus because it was the most Apple-like (same vendor for software/hardware). But it never quite lived up to the anticipation or quality of my iPod touch/iOS. LOVED it the first 3 months, until the darn thing started literally burning a hole in my pocket. Then, one day, no 3G, no Wifi. I could watch the battery drop % like a count down, then couldn't even make calls. Got a replacement, but then it happened again, and now I have a fairly new one, no scratches or anything, that it isn't happening to. But now I've soured on it. 1/11/11 @ 11:11 AM didn't help matters.
    I've paid full retail for a number of phones and will be doing the same thing with the iPhone 4. However, I have 2 lines in my name and both of them will be eligible for upgrades by the middle of July. If the iPhone 5 does come to Verizon this summer, I'll probably use one of the upgrades to pick that up as long as it's a decent jump in technology.

I did like my Android phones but they weren't all that great when it came to battery life and at times the OS really lags (like when I had to pull up my list of applications because I had to Force Close one of them). I had a few Blackberry phones before switching to Android and really liked how well they handled e-mail but the browsers were always terrible. I'm hoping that the iPhone is a decent compromise between the two, plus I already have an iPod and MacBook Pro and will probably be picking up a 2nd generation iPad when it's released so it'd be nice to have a phone that works with my other gadgets.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts

I already have made arrangements to sell my Blackberry Bold to a coworker as soon as my iPhone is in my hands. I've been a Blackberry user for around four years now and though they work very well, I feel feature deprived. Droids were never for me, I'm so happy I can finally get the iPhone. I've been waiting for this phone for years.
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    520 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Scout_313 View Post
    I'm hoping that the iPhone is a decent compromise between the two, plus I already have an iPod and MacBook Pro and will probably be picking up a 2nd generation iPad when it's released so it'd be nice to have a phone that works with my other gadgets.
    Good idea. I think that is why nothing else felt "right" to me. My entire house is Apple.
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    1,105 Global Posts

Ditching my Droid 2 for a 32GB iPhone. I seriously can't wait.
    iPhone Newbie

I've been with Verizon for 6 years. I'm going from a Storm 2 to a 32GB iPhone. I've wanted an iPhone since they first came out. Almost jumped over to ATT once. I'm glad I waited.
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    1,770 Global Posts

Droid Pro to 32GB. I have my Gazelle offer for the DP locked-in and will ship to them after I get my iPhone.
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast