Verizon Data

wchsxc

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Maybe someone here can help, as the Verizon rep was relatively useless :)

I want to upgrade my line to an iPhone 4.

Currently I have the BlackBerry Storm 2 with an unlimited data plan.

When I go to upgrade to the iPhone, do I chose to get the unlimited data plan....again. Seeing as I already have it I am confused as to what to do.

If someone could enlighten me I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

Hangfire

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
If you already have the unlimited data plan on your line then nothing changes. If it forces you to select a plan then yes, choose the unlimited data, nothing will happen, as you cannot have 2 data plans on the same line.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
You'll se a choice - either the iPhone equivalent of your BB data plan, which is unlimited, or - the unlimited plan with mobile hotspot, which is an extra $20 - take your pick.

wchsxc

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Thanks!!!

I'm going to get the 32 gig then. I was worried about that and useless fees. Apparently there are not shipping fees, activation fees, or anything like that if you purchase online which I will be doing.

wchsxc

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Might as well just copy and paste the email.

vzwkanacus​tservicese@​gl.verizonw​ireless.com

Thank you for contacting the Verizon Wireless website, my name is Anita. I appreciate your interest in the iPhone 32GB model. I will be happy to assist you today.

Currently, we do not charge an activation fee when you upgrade to a new phone. The Activation/Service Establishment Fee is designed to cover the costs associated with establishing your account within our wireless network and billing systems. The activation fee is $35.00 on all single lines of service, and $25.00 on all secondary lines of service when activated on a Family SharePlan.

A $20.00 Annual Upgrade Fee is required to change from the old equipment to the new equipment if the upgrade is done at a store or via Customer Service. The $20.00 Annual Upgrade and standard shipping fees will not apply when you upgrade via our website (Cell Phones, Cell Phone Plans, 4G LTE network with the Best Cell Phone Service - Verizon Wireless).

Since you are considering the iPhone, you will need to choose a data feature in addition to your calling plan in order to perform data-related functions such as checking e-mail, surfing the Internet or transferring files. You may choose from the following data plans:

? Unlimited Personal E-mail and Web Feature: $29.99 monthly access. E-mail and Web for Smartphone is an easy-to-use e-mail solution that provides unlimited access to the Internet, apps, and personal e-mail services such as Yahoo!, Windows Live, AOL, AIM and Verizon.net (plus other POP3/IMAP providers such as Google Gmail, Comcast, or RoadRunner for select devices). E-mail and Web for Smartphone is not for Enterprise E-mail - i.e. Exchange Active Sync, Wireless Sync, BlackBerry or Good Mobile Messaging.

? Corporate E-mail feature: $44.99 monthly access and includes unlimited data transport for e-mail, web browsing and app usage. This service is designed for those who need access to their corporate e-mail and intranet.

Gee-Air-Mo

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
With the exception of the earlier post with the email, I have not heard or seen anything official yet. I wouldn't put it past Verizon, or any carrier to use this oppirtunity to get it's customers to pay more for an iPhone-specific data plan. I hear that the unlimited plan will be the only choice for those get an iPhone on Verizon. But, guess more details will be available soon.

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
With the exception of the earlier post with the email, I have not heard or seen anything official yet. I wouldn't put it past Verizon, or any carrier to use this oppirtunity to get it's customers to pay more for an iPhone-specific data plan. I hear that the unlimited plan will be the only choice for those get an iPhone on Verizon. But, guess more details will be available soon.

It's been official for days. $30 unlimited for a limited time.

Verizon iPhone: $30 Unlimited Data (for Now) - Digits - WSJ

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73