Photos lost after accidentAl transfer

woodman500#IM

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
I had just purchased a new Nikon camera and it came with a Transfer Software. I had my iPhone 3Gs running iOS 4.2.1 connected to the computer running iTunes and I had the camera hooked up to the computer as well to transfer pictures. I opened up the Transfer software and hit transfer without realizing it had my iPhone as the source device. It transferred my photos off of my iPhone and into a folder. Before all this, I synched my iPhone to iTunes, and in the process it back-up my iPhone. My question is this...are my pictures included in that back-up? And if so, how do I retrieve them? Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Wouldn't it be easier to just look in the folder? Sort by date if necessary. Even when iTunes backs up your photos, the only way to retrieve them is by doing a restore from backup.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Your pictures are included in the backup.

But like Alli said, you could just go to the folder in which your transfer program put the iPhone pictures...if it's that important to have these pictures on your iPhone, just resync them back onto it.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Well for anyone in the future that reads the thread like Alli and Sean said the easiest way to get the pictures back onto your phone is to grab them from whatever folder they are in on your computer. Then create a folder in the location that iTunes syncs pictures to and put them in there. When you sync the pictures will be put into an album with the name you give to the folder.

I don't use my iPhone on Windows but in Windows when you connect the iPhone you can explore the DCIM folder just like any other digital camera can you drag and drop the pictures back into that folder so it gets placed back into your camera roll?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner