How quick will pre-order stock sell out?

How long until the Pre-Order Stock runs out?

• 0-2 hrs.

Votes: 12 25.5%
  • 2-12 hrs.

Votes: 16 34.0%
  • 24 hrs.

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Over 24 hrs.

Votes: 14 29.8%

• Total voters

johnnyfable

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I've heard that the pre-ordering begins at 3 am on February 3. I plan on ordering the iphone at exactly 3 am. Do you think this will be an easy task? I mean, how many could they possibly sell overnight? I feel like the pre-order should last at least until noon later that day. I just really want to get this order it and have it delivered on the 10th.

johnnyfable

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I just talked to a Verizon customer service agent and she told me it should not be a problem for existing verizon customers. They are anticipating high demand, however, I think they are prepared to meet it. I'm still going to hit "submit order" as early as possible!:D

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I just talked to a Verizon customer service agent and she told me it should not be a problem for existing verizon customers. They are anticipating high demand, however, I think they are prepared to meet it. I'm still going to hit "submit order" as early as possible!:D

This takes me back to a story I had in a earlier post that makes me gun shy though.

Black Friday 2010. I am up at 7 AM (been up all night) for that big ticket item that starts on-sale at 7:00 sharp. 10. 9. 8. 7...3. 2. 1. "Place order!". I hit the "Place Order" button no later than 7:00:01 (That 1 second after 7) and all I got was "Sorry, all sold out". THAT made me so mad!

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to lose it if that happens to me.

Or if the site becomes overloaded and crashes and you give up only to find out later that they are all gone. =/

I think that is a distinct possibility. This forum isn't the only one wanting to do this, and look at the lines for just a new iPhone with AT&T, and that carrier already had an iPhone! A whole new world basically for us Verizon folks that we have been locked out of for 3 years+ unlimited data for a limited time, yeah, I think instant sold-out status could happen.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Yes, the AT&T iPhone4 pre-order was a mess... is seems that both AT&T and Apple had underestimated the demand, and neither company's servers could handle load... of the people around here that got the iP4, they had best success via the iPhone Apple Store app... not sure if/how that will work with the VZW iPhone, since the 2/3 pre-order is for existing VZW customers only, and there is no VZW iPhone yet...

just my .02

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
How fast they sell out depends how long Verizon and Apple's websites can hold up to the demand. Anywhere from 5 minutes to 24 hours.

shipwrestler125

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
This takes me back to a story I had in a earlier post that makes me gun shy though.

Black Friday 2010. I am up at 7 AM (been up all night) for that big ticket item that starts on-sale at 7:00 sharp. 10. 9. 8. 7...3. 2. 1. "Place order!". I hit the "Place Order" button no later than 7:00:01 (That 1 second after 7) and all I got was "Sorry, all sold out". THAT made me so mad!

Thats black friday I mean they keep tiny amount of stock and then pull the bait and switch where as verizon is going to want to get this in their customers hands. They dont make money if they cant keep stock I think they will have quite a few for preorders now launch day that could be a different story

werntonb

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I've heard that the pre-ordering begins at 3 am on February 3. I plan on ordering the iphone at exactly 3 am. Do you think this will be an easy task? I mean, how many could they possibly sell overnight? I feel like the pre-order should last at least until noon later that day. I just really want to get this order it and have it delivered on the 10th.

I think it is good if you will order as early as now because you don't know if you have an emergency call or whatever that can delay your order..

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I am only worried about how fast the 32GB will sell out.

the 16gb will sell out faster I'm almost sure, since it's the cheaper of the two models, and not everyone this day in age has 300 bones to spend on a smartphone,

but it's gonna be hard to say if the pre-order will or won't sell out since it's VZW customers only, the ATT preorder was open to everyone, I think this is VZW tactic of trying to avoid overload and crashing

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner