Verizon giving AT&T customers $200 to switch

coltsbr

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I heard Verizon was giving AT&T customers who had bought an iPhone at least $200 bucks to switch to Verizon and trade it their AT&T iPhone.

From BGR:

Still on the fence about whether to switch to an iPhone on Verizon?s largest 3G voice and data network? If you?re a current AT&T subscriber with an iPhone 4, Verizon is offering at least $200 for your iPhone if you trade it in, and you can instantly use that towards your iPhone 4 purchase on Big Red. Could you get $350-$475 on eBay or Craigslist? Why sure, but you don?t have to meet some sketchy computer hacker in a dark hallway this way? Anyone going to take Verizon up on this offer?

UPDATE: We have confirmed Verizon?s trade-in program applies not just to Verizon handsets but to handsets from other carriers including an AT&T iPhone.

Last edited:

shipwrestler125

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
The trade in is a rip off you can sell an iphone4 on ebay or any other site for double that why get ripped off and then have to pay another $200+ for an iphone on verizon

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
Not to mention the ETF...

Finally someone mentions the ETF.. $200 would only cover some of my ETF. Probably leaving me with $60-120 in ETF. Add in the price of paying for the new phone on Verizon and it simply turns out to be a terrible deal.

Better off just selling on Craigslist or eBay..

BiG BaLLA 923

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
That's so nice though. I'm glad to see they are doing that. Regardless of what you can get for the phone it is still helping the competition.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I could sell my mint 32GB for $500+. Sounds like Verizon is making out well on this deal. But Im not switching to big red anyways

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner