droid vs iphone

Status
Not open for further replies.

BJsDroid#IM

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
i love both the droid and iphone. my question. i use the gps and free music downloads almost everyday. i have the motorola speaker made by jbl i got from verizon, which sounds great when hooked to my phone. does the iphone have music downloads free like the droid, and also a gps app that works as good as google gps on my droid. thanks for all replys

xDAKx

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
i love both the droid and iphone. my question. i use the gps and free music downloads almost everyday. i have the motorola speaker made by jbl i got from verizon, which sounds great when hooked to my phone. does the iphone have music downloads free like the droid, and also a gps app that works as good as google gps on my droid. thanks for all replys

I assume by "free music downloads" your meaning actual downloads of MP3 or protected music files? If so, Not that I'm aware of, and this will likely be the case with the Verizon CDMA iPhone as well, I have a feeling those music downloads your getting are part of Verizon's VCAST suite of apps. There are services like Slacker and Pandora which allow you to stream personalised music to your device over WiFi or 3G, and both offer ad-free upgrades for a nominal charge, along with downloads via the iTunes Store on-device.

I've found the iPhone's standard Maps app to be equally as good as that on Android in all the iterations I've used both, and usually prefer the iPhone version, however mapping is something that is usually highly subjective to each individual, and so your likely better off walking into an Apple Store, AT&T store and popping the Maps application open and having a bit of a go with it, From what I'm aware the iOS version doesn't voice turn-by-turn unless you subscribe to AT&T Navigator (9.99 a month if I remember correctly) but I do believe there are other options available which may suit your needs.

Last edited:

anaphora68

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I have used Android extensively, and just picked up an iPhone 4 yesterday (I had an original 2G and 3G).

You can buy MP3s from Amazon MP3, and use the MP3 downloader Amazon provides to automatically load them into iTunes. Works flawlessly, the music is not tied to your one computer or one single account.

As far as the navigation app, there is no free equivalent to Google Maps Navigation on the iPhone. I will adjust, but I miss that.

iOS is a better experience, IMHO. Android has its strengths, but if you pick up a different Android phone, you could be in for a completely different user experience. iOS is iOS on each and every iPhone you pick up. There's something to be said for that user experience. Also, media management on the iPhone is infinitely easier than Android.

buggyman

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Android has free apps that search any and all music songs and top 100 charts. Once you find the song it downloads to your phone for free. Also Apple does not have any free map app that comes close to google maps. As someone that has Android and is switching soon to Iphone those are also two features I will miss with Android.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2