Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

1 Posts

Default IPhone available ONLY at CORPORATE Verizon stores Feb. 10th?

I have heard that (for non-Verizon customers) only Verizon owned and operated stores will be able to sell the Iphone starting Feb. 10th and that other Authorized Retailers will NOT have any Iphones until at least March 1st. Even then I have heard that the phone would have to be direct ordered and then sent to your home or to the store you order it from.

Where I live there are two Corporate Stores and about 15 Authorized Retailers in a 20 mile radius. Wonder what it will be like for all the stores come Feb. 10th when they have to tell the masses that they do not have the Iphone yet?
    iPhone Beginner

50 Posts
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts

That doesn't surprise me. When I received my BB Tour the day (or day after) it was released, the Authorized Retailers didn't even have it.
    iPhone Newbie

21 Posts

That is normally how they do it on high profile phones
    iPhone Pro

565 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,358 Global Posts

wouldnt surprise me since there is such a high demand for the phone
    iPhone Intermediate

231 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,312 Global Posts

I believe Feb 10 it will start at only Corp Verizon Stores and of course Apple Stores, but eventually in time will be available through other outlets. The same happen with AT&T and Apple, then Walmart, Best Buy, Radio Shack.. etc... got it later. Don't know really.
    iMore Intermediate

189 Posts
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts

This is normal. Most of the time Verizon announces when the authorized retailers will get the phone.

The basic solution, if you don't have a corporate store near you, is to order online. Free overnight shipping. Pretty simple.
    iMore Elite

2,967 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,878 Global Posts

It's the same deal as when new iPhone launches on AT&T. AT&T owned stores, Apple stores, and sometimes select retailers like Best Buy etc.