Verizon's new data plan pricing.

rich13er

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I got this from Engadget. There is a picture there backing up the claim. Looks like we though unlimited for $29.99

Verizon is killing off its $15 150MB data plan for smartphones altogether, instead corralling folks into the $30 unlimited option. Of course, with the proliferation of data-hungry smartphone apps on Android (and soon, the iPhone), 250MB per month of usage is becoming less and less reasonable by the day, so we can't say we're terribly surprised. Meanwhile, the $9.99 25MB feature phone data option is getting a bump up to 75MB with $10 per 75MB overage, a slight drop from the 20 cent / MB overage that those customers deal with currently. Finally, you'll notice that the $30 unlimited plan is now qualified as applying to "feature phones and 3G smartphones," not merely "smartphones" as they were before -- a nod to the fact that Verizon's upcoming LTE handsets won't be eligible for the same pricing.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Not happy about the drop of the $15 - 150mb plan. It really was just enough for what I needed. But WTH is 15 more smacks anyways. Oh well.

Nonetheless, i bet that they dropped it because it was not working out. One possibility is that no one was choosing it. After all, why would one both raise the entry price and drop the plan with the highest price per bit if anyone was using it? Another is that those who chose it were running over.

Last edited:

shipwrestler125

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Nonetheless, i bet that the dropped it because it was not working out. One possibility is that no one was choosing it. Another is that those who chose it were running over.

Im sure less and less people would choose it for me personally I like knowing I do not have to worry about going over my data since I travel alot and use my phone as my computer most of the time I still do not use that much data. Atleast they are keeping the unlimited data for now

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
What I'm waiting to see is the price for the 'mobile hot-spot' - if that's going to be and additional cost for the feature or included. Verizon did for a while at least, give the 'mobile hot spot' at no additional charge with Palm Pre - but for other smart phones, tethering costs extra.

Time will tell.

lkcosgrove7

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
VZW Mobile Hot Spot

Hot spot is available on the iphone but at a charge. there are various plans for hot spot as well. pick the plan that works best for your useage

WyckedAnkh

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
But the MHS feature wasn't free at first for the Pre Plus, there was a cost for it. They made it free to help sell the phone...

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
What I'm waiting to see is the price for the 'mobile hot-spot' - if that's going to be and additional cost for the feature or included. Verizon did for a while at least, give the 'mobile hot spot' at no additional charge with Palm Pre - but for other smart phones, tethering costs extra.

Time will tell.
I agree that this is an important offering. AT&T is very vulnerable here because their price for the first bit is so high.

shipwrestler125

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Any forced increase in the cost of your plan you can be consider a breach of contract.

If you already had the data plan they will grandfather you into it they just wont cancel it all of the sudden on you. This was similar to when they changed plan pricing years ago they grandfathered you into the plan you had and when you signed a new contract they would change it

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2