• 59-63

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • 64-75

Votes: 8 2.7%

• Total voters

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Wow, I was just reading through this thread and I am very surprised to learn how many users are carring concealed weapons... O_O I think that's a little more interesting than the age demographic.

I'm shocked. I guess Americans are more likely to carry weaponry, I don't know a single person in my life who carries a gun on them.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Wow, I was just reading through this thread and I am very surprised to learn how many users are carring concealed weapons... O_O I think that's a little more interesting than the age demographic.

I'm shocked. I guess Americans are more likely to carry weaponry, I don't know a single person in my life who carries a gun on them.

It prob has alot to do with location too...i know that in the south, people who carry weapons is ALOT more prevalent than you'd see up north (especially with hand gun bans in so many areas)...i have a concealed and exposed weapons permit (99% for work), and pretty much every person i know (including my wife) owns a fire arm. Up north, my brother, his family and all of his neighbors think its weird...

Age, location, etc...lots of factors.

Our age group currently holds the top spot w00t!!
:D

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
It prob has alot to do with location too...i know that in the south, people who carry weapons is ALOT more prevalent than you'd see up north (especially with hand gun bans in so many areas)...i have a concealed and exposed weapons permit (99% for work), and pretty much every person i know (including my wife) owns a fire arm. Up north, my brother, his family and all of his neighbors think its weird...

I guess so! But I'm just kinda surprised that people who frequent iPhone forums also happen to be people who own fire arms. I guess I am ignorant about it because where I live, nobody carries a gun around. I thought it would only be people in the deep south, wearing overalls with 2 teeth named Betty-Sue and Cleetus carrying around rifles at Wal-Mart. That's a pretty offensive picture I've painted in my head. lol

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
^^^ The funny thing about that is, while ALOT of people have that same picture, most of those redneck hillbillys cant get a concealed weapons permit because they have criminal backgrounds, lol!

BryanTheRed

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I thought it would only be people in the deep south, wearing overalls with 2 teeth named Betty-Sue and Cleetus carrying around rifles at Wal-Mart. That's a pretty offensive picture I've painted in my head. lol

Yeah it is. It's not as bad down here as everyone stereotypes it... ;)

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I guess so! But I'm just kinda surprised that people who frequent iPhone forums also happen to be people who own fire arms. I guess I am ignorant about it because where I live, nobody carries a gun around. I thought it would only be people in the deep south, wearing overalls with 2 teeth named Betty-Sue and Cleetus carrying around rifles at Wal-Mart. That's a pretty offensive picture I've painted in my head. lol

I dont carry or own a firearm. I had a friend in HS that killed himself by playing with his fathers gun. I also had 2 former co-workers from previous jobs murdered on seperate occaisions. One was execution style. Also, my uncle chose to take his own life with a gun. I dont believe in them as if they didnt exist, lives would be saved

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I dont carry or own a firearm. I had a friend in HS that killed himself by playing with his fathers gun. I also had 2 former co-workers from previous jobs murdered on seperate occaisions. One was execution style. Also, my uncle chose to take his own life with a gun. I dont believe in them as if they didnt exist, lives would be saved

I don't want to derail this thread anymore...but i would love to debate this with you.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Yeah it is. It's not as bad down here as everyone stereotypes it... ;)

I still would feel extremely uncomfortable if a bunch of people around me were carrying concealed weapons. I sometimes get the urge to do crazy stupid things like punch someone in the face for being a dick. I never do it, but if I were just a little more crazy, I probably would. So I'm not gonna trust a bunch of people around me with varying levels of crazy and guns...

BryanTheRed

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I still would feel extremely uncomfortable if a bunch of people around me were carrying concealed weapons. I sometimes get the urge to do crazy stupid things like punch someone in the face for being a dick. I never do it, but if I were just a little more crazy, I probably would. So I'm not gonna trust a bunch of people around me with varying levels of crazy and guns...

The mystery of not knowing keeps some folks in check... Thats kind of the point.

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site

:D

Exactly what I was going to say. Location has so much to do with it, but I don't know as many people as young as me (21) who carry.

Yes, that's quite offensive. LOL! I think you can probably tell from my picture (go to Twitter in my signature and blow it up to see it better) that I'm not a redneck and I don't wear overalls. I also live in Virginia though, which is hardly the deep south. I don't associate with any person who even vaguely fit your description, but I also don't know many people like that. Another reason I carry though is because of the way I was raised. I come from a family of cops and my dad took me to the shooting range instead of the park as a kid, so that definitely had a lot to do with it. I've had guns all my life but I just got my Glock last Christmas (of 2009). My friends also appreciate the fact that I carry, especially if we're in a bad area or something - it's a safety blanket for them.

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site

Not just anybody can get a license to carry a concealed weapon. I think it should be more strict than it is, but it's not like buying a piece of candy. And everyone wants to punch someone every now and then, but it's what we don't do that separates us.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro