Who Else Is Buying BOTH The iPhone 4 AND The New iPhone This Summer?

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Just wondering how many other people will be picking up both the iPhone 4 and the iPhone 5. Obviously, you'll have to purchase one or the other at full retail (unless you have two lines eligible for upgrades) and I'm curious as to how many people are willing to spend $800-$1,000 ($199 + $599 or $299 + $699) on two iPhones. If you're in my position, you'll have to buy both at full retail, which I absolutely intend on doing, and you'll be spending $1,200-$1,400 ($599 x 2 or $699 x 2) - which sounds pretty bad now that I see it in writing. Oh well, that's the life of a gadget whore! :rolleyes:

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I doubt there will be an iPhone 5 on verizon any time soon.

I think the next Verizon iPhone will be an LTE/4G device, announced in about a year, and available in about 20 months... which is when the 2 year contract buyers will be ready to upgrade again. :)

caribouranch

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Not me. I'm paying full retail for the iPhone 4, and am not going to shell out another $700+ for another one in a few months ... I don't have that kind of money just laying around.

Reactions: Writermind

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I doubt there will be an iPhone 5 on verizon any time soon.

I think the next Verizon iPhone will be an LTE/4G device, announced in about a year, and available in about 20 months... which is when the 2 year contract buyers will be ready to upgrade again. :)

You might be right, but I sure hope you're wrong. I can't keep a phone for that long.

599+299 here... After buying my droid2 in aug when released... If the 5 is released to verizon this summer... Why not.

I bought the Droid 2 on August 11th (the day it launched) as well, and I've bought only a phone (the Fascinate) and a Galaxy Tab since then, but I returned the Fascinate and I've been really good waiting for this iPhone, so I deserve it. :D

I buy every dang iPhone they put out :)

We know! :p Seriously though, I'd consider myself rehabilitated if I were able to stick to only buying new iPhones. This will only be the second iPhone of my 200 phones. The iPhone might have cured my addiction had I not had the crazy service problems, so maybe this Verizon iPhone will cure me for good (yeah right). :D

My next hurdle will be resisting the urge to buy the Droid Bionic.

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Western MI wont see LTE until 2012... so even if a Verizon LTE iPhone 5 comes out this summer (which I dont see happening)... I'll be passing.

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Yep. I've got a black iPhone 4, I'm going to buy the white iPhone 4 (if it ever makes its appearance) and I will get the iPhone 5. Then I'm going to ground myself for a whole year from buying any more phones!

crazy4cell

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
hello all I'm new here,

I hate to burst your bubble but apple won't be doing an iphone 5 until 2012 this year as in past years will be simple updates to software.
and I firmly believe your all looking at the new issue thats coming to verizon now with the antenna will be the release to AT&T this summer which will make it an Iphone 4S as in past years.

dcsr23#IM

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I am doing a 1 year upgrade on a friends account (in exchange for my X) and then I'll wait to see if the iphone 5 hits this summer and use my account. I've also got my eyes set on the Droid Bionic which will be LTE which I may upgrade to as well on a second line of mine.

Slyfi

TiPb Forum Staff
Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm planning on getting both and depending on if iPhone 5 is released on verizon in june Ill be getting it on there. just so i have to policies that are staggered so i can upgrade for $200-300 every year

dcsr23#IM

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
hello all I'm new here,

I hate to burst your bubble but apple won't be doing an iphone 5 until 2012 this year as in past years will be simple updates to software.
and I firmly believe your all looking at the new issue thats coming to verizon now with the antenna will be the release to AT&T this summer which will make it an Iphone 4S as in past years.

You can never underestimate Apple. Chances are we'll see the 4GS with a dual core (or it could be called iphone5), and rumor has no home button on these next phones.

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
hello all I'm new here,

You don't know that any more than I know that it's coming this summer. It's speculation on both sides.

naeubanks

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
i kind of doubt a verizon-compatible version will come out this summer (maybe late fall but who really knows)

either way, i'll probably stick to the iPhone 4 just because I don't see how you can much better as the iPhone 4 is still the best phone on the market, but who knows whats another $600

ganthonyv

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Was told by 2 diff ppl that I know that the iPhone that will be released this summer will be a LTE/4g phone and that the design is still the same as the iphone4.

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
i kind of doubt a verizon-compatible version will come out this summer (maybe late fall but who really knows)

either way, i'll probably stick to the iPhone 4 just because I don't see how you can much better as the iPhone 4 is still the best phone on the market, but who knows whats another $600

Slight speed bump will make it a "GS" update. Dual core is major update.

crazy4cell

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
to all of you who think my first post on no new iphone 5 this year is undocumented hearsay, look at apples past it spells it out for you in spades!
as to predicting apple Steve Jobs is predictable he's like verizon's new every 2 and has yet to deviate from it.
you'll not see a LTEIphone till 2012 why thats when most of it will be working also it gives time for apple to get it right the first time and working as it should. have a great day all and enjoy the Iphone it's simple yet it works.