Who Else Is Buying BOTH The iPhone 4 AND The New iPhone This Summer?

WyckedAnkh

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
If there is a new iPhone and VZ has it, I will think about buying it full price. It depends how much of an upgrade it is from the iPhone 4.

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
to all of you who think my first post on no new iphone 5 this year is undocumented hearsay, look at apples past it spells it out for you in spades!
as to predicting apple Steve Jobs is predictable he's like verizon's new every 2 and has yet to deviate from it.
you'll not see a LTEIphone till 2012 why thats when most of it will be working also it gives time for apple to get it right the first time and working as it should. have a great day all and enjoy the Iphone it's simple yet it works.

I still disagree, I think it's in Apple's best interest to launch the at&t and Verizon iPhones at the same time, rather than 6 months apart. Especially if the new iPhone turns out to have the new dual GSM/CDMA chip that would allow a single chipset to power both iPhones. That being said, I don't think an LTE iPhone will be coming until next year, because as you said, Apple likes to get it right the first time rather than using the trial and error method. Plus, they opted for EDGE instead of 3G with the original iPhone when at&t's 3G was far more prevalent then than LTE is now or will be by the middle of the year.

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
I doubt there will be an iPhone 5 on verizon any time soon.

I think the next Verizon iPhone will be an LTE/4G device, announced in about a year, and available in about 20 months... which is when the 2 year contract buyers will be ready to upgrade again. :)

Based on Apple's way of doing things.. I agree.

Just too soon after the iPhone 4 launch for Verizon. Would be too many angry customers.

crazy4cell

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I still disagree, I think it's in Apple's best interest to launch the at&t and Verizon iPhones at the same time, rather than 6 months apart. ]

okay look at it this way this year you won't see a new iphone to AT&T as the Iphone 4 was released last year 2010.

now apple usually releases new hardware every 2 years so both at&t and Verizon won't see a new Iphone until next June 2012.

if you research this you'll see the pattern that apple has yet to deviate from it to date. but feel free to hope for next iphone 5 release this year.

personally I'm waiting until after June why? thats when my contract is up and any bugs in Verizons Iphone will have been discovered.

I really don't see much that can go wrong but then electronics have there own rules I think just to aggrevate us ha ha [humor intended].

crazy4cell

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
VZW discontinued "new every 2" last week. Anyone that still has it on their account will get one more shot at it. After that, no more.

yes I know the new every 2 is gone after we use our next renewal.

my point in using it was Steve Jobs is like the new every 2 with new hardware Iphone releases every 2 years only .

with software tweaks the off year case in point beta 4.03 for AT&T phones includes the hotspot that the verizon phone is going to have.

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
now apple usually releases new hardware every 2 years so both at&t and Verizon won't see a new Iphone until next June 2012.

if you research this you'll see the pattern that apple has yet to deviate from it to date. but feel free to hope for next iphone 5 release this year.

No, Apple does not release a new iPhone every two years, they release a new iPhone every year.

iPhone -- 2007
iPhone 3G -- 2008
iPhone 3GS -- 2009
iPhone 4 -- 2010

See the pattern? That's every year, not every two years. I don't know where you got your information from, but it's incorrect.

ganthonyv

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
No, Apple does not release a new iPhone every two years, they release a new iPhone every year.

iPhone -- 2007
iPhone 3G -- 2008
iPhone 3GS -- 2009
iPhone 4 -- 2010

See the pattern? That's every year, not every two years. I don't know where you got your information from, but it's incorrect.

I think he was talking about hardware changes made to the phone.

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I think he was talking about hardware changes made to the phone.

Well, he simply said "new iPhone," so if he meant completely redesigned hardware, it would have be helpful if he had specified that.

Plus, even though the 3G and 3GS had the same shell, it was in fact different hardware because of the camera and what was under the hood.

Furthermore, the hardware WAS redesigned after ONE year after the release of the original iPhone when the iPhone 3G launched. Those two phones were pretty different hardware-wise, so even if he did mean it how you said it, it still wouldn't really make sense.

mg911

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Mee. Family plan with 3 lines that are eligible to upgrade. Buying the iphone4 when it comes out and IF a newer phone comes out sell the 4 on on ebay and buying the new one at discounted pricing.

Scout_313

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm not counting on there being an iPhone 5 released this summer, but if it does happen, I'll weigh my options then. I'm paying full retail for the iPhone 4 and will have 2 lines eligible for upgrades by July 6th. If an iPhone 5 is released and is a big enough of a leap in technology, I'd pick that up and sell my iPhone 4.

crazy4cell

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
okay I did go to the wikpedia web site and read up on the iphone models I stand corrected and admit I goofed and was wrong in my new every 2 statement.

but in reading and having a graph showing each release of iphone it hit me.
the iphone 4 was a major design change in the phones looks so if we follow that graph on wikpedia a totally new looking iphone might only happen every 4 years.

as you say its merely speculation on my part.

gee do you think the screen size wars will escalate to an Ipadophone? lol

krs7272#AC

Feb 20, 2010
Visit site
I highly doubt Apple/Verizon will release another newer iphone 6 months after. It just ain't gonna happen. Whats the point? They will probably wait a year till possibly releasing an LTE version or GSM-CDMA Qualcom chip phone so as to make only one model.

I still believe AT&T will be 6 month ahead of Verizon for the foreseeable future pertaining to iphone releases.

mlfgc

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm in a family plan so Verizon gives the option to use a family member's upgrade. I'm definitely jumping on that train when it arrives. (uh... if it arrives?)

mrsFAB

Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
If it's a significant device change, I'm gonna be all over it! I don't care what it costs. You only live once! :)

shipwrestler125

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Not me. I'm paying full retail for the iPhone 4, and am not going to shell out another $700+ for another one in a few months ... I don't have that kind of money just laying around.

Im the same I am going to wait until apple releases a 4g iphone then I will jump but until then I will stick with the iphone 4 and nobody knows if there will even be an i5 this summer so idk why people are getting all excited I mean it took 4 years to get an iphone there is no guarantee there will be another one 4 months down the road

Tanker57

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Wife needs an iPhone

I'll get the iPhone 4 at launch and then give it to my wife with iPhone5 comes out. Since she is still in contract with no upgrade she can't complain too much. :D

DougFNJ

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
The biggest thing that would get me to move up from an iPhone 4 would be a size increase from 32 to 64 gigs.

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
The biggest thing that would get me to move up from an iPhone 4 would be a size increase from 32 to 64 gigs.

I hope that happens with this next upgrade, but l don't know if it will. Beyond that though, I think this will be as much of an upgrade as the 3GS was. We're gonna have something like the iPhone 4S.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods