Is It Possible To Bill A Phone To Your Account When Ordering Online?
I'm trying to be as prepared as possible for this launch to ensure that I get my iPhone, so I was wondering if there's a way to charge the phone to the account if I order online? I don't have a problem using my debit card if I have to, but I'd rather charge it to the account.
- 01-21-2011, 11:18 AM #2
What I have seen in the past is that certain accounts are able to charge new devices on their accounts.
Not sure what all the requirements are for that. I was told that you have to have your account for so long and never have had a late payment was part of it.
- 01-21-2011, 11:29 AM #3
From the official Verizon Wireless forums, from a Verizon employee:
I have listed the Bill To Account equipment eligibility below:
To Be Eligible:
* An account with at least six months of service.
* Account must be current.
* An account with less than six months of service.
* Cash only accounts (currently or in the past six months).
* Customers who have a security deposit.
* Related past due accounts
* No Suspends and/or hotlines at time of request to Bill to Account
The BTA (Bill To Account) requirements and limits for consumer accounts are as follows:
* $350 for each existing MDN (Mobile Directory Number) on an account with a $1050 cap per account per billing cycle. There is also a limit of up to five accessories per active line included in these limits.
* $350 for accounts with one MDN.
* $700 for accounts with two MDNs.
* $1050 for accounts with three or more MDNs.
- 01-21-2011, 11:34 AM #4
- 01-21-2011, 12:16 PM #5
Right, I know I can do it as I did it with my Droid 2 and Galaxy Tab (as well as a few others), but what I don't know is if there is a way to do it online instead of checking out with my debit card? I appreciate the replies, though.
- 01-21-2011, 03:23 PM #7
- 01-21-2011, 08:04 PM #9
You probably can't only because I've never seen an option to charge phone to your account when going through the checkout process online.
I do know that I was able to charge a phone to my account when I placed an order for my wife's Droid 2 but opted to just pay for it then. I believe your best bet, if that is your preferred payment method, would be to call to place an order.
- 01-21-2011, 09:47 PM #11
- 01-27-2011, 08:32 AM #12
- 01-27-2011, 08:51 AM #14
There is definately a bill to account button at the end of the checkout process. I've done this twice and is a great way to "pay" for a phone if you're not sure you're to keep it (I returned both the droid x and fascinate that I bought after my incredible).
- 01-27-2011, 01:56 PM #16
- 01-27-2011, 02:03 PM #17
- 01-27-2011, 03:02 PM #18
My advice, be ready to put it all on the debit card.
- 01-27-2011, 03:46 PM #20