Who's Going To Be Staying Up 'Till Midnight To Order Your iPhone?

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
It appears that it will be 3 AM EST, 12 AM PST. Perhaps trying to not give PST an advantage being 9 PM?

For At&t, these iPhone releases always went off of Apple time which is PST. Could be different for Vzn though

That's true, because Apple is famously based in Cupertino after all. Sucks for those of us on the East coast but I'm still going to be up to order the minute it becomes available.

iSRS

iOS & macOS Champion, Trusted Member
Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Well, leading back to the "we'll know when we know" department...

Just spoke to a telesales rep. Was told 12:01 EST. Think they will actually confirm a time?

iSRS

Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
HA! Seriously. They probably love the call volume. "WHAT? Publish something online and have people sitting around cause no one is calling? HA!"

ajl06808

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I just got off the phone with a VZW Rep on their 611 number and I asked them about this. They said to me, 12:01 EST pre-orders begin and iPhones will be shipped out Feb. 10

iSRS

Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
So the lack of clear information continues. So we THINK we know when we can order it, but still are unclear on when it ships. My thought is this. I can see it being like preordering a DVD on Amazon. It arrives on the release date, so we order on the 3rd and get it on the 10th.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I can see it being like preordering a DVD on Amazon. It arrives on the release date, so we order on the 3rd and get it on the 10th.

This is exactly how Verizon has done pre-orders in the past... with the caveat that occasionally, people got them a day early... :)

iSRS

Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
This is exactly how Verizon has done pre-orders in the past... with the caveat that occasionally, people got them a day early... :)
I can live with that, as long as I get an email from them telling me the day it is out for delivery so I can work from home that day.

alupo790

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
as far as the 3 AM thing goes. i remember when i ordered my storm 2, yes i ordered on launch day, the ability to order went live at 3 am. so this doesnt surprise me

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal