Verizon iPhone Preordering info

jwiggs23

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I found this on the Verizon forums, and thought you guys might be interested in this, as there's be questions on if preordering will be done only at Verizonwireless.com, or also at Apple.com.

Many of you might already know this, but i will share for those of you who dont.

After talking to 3 different genius agents at 3 different apple stores in my area, this is news to me:

On Feb 3rd at 12:01 am, you CAN pre order the phone at BOTH verizonwireless.com AND apple.com

On Feb 10th All locations will be "FULLY STOCKED" of iphone 4's. She did say she will have a lot, but depending on the hype, it may sell out that day or the day before IN STORES. meaning it wont sell out in two hours but you might have to call verizon or call apple to order the phone and have it shipped.

This is good news in case you encounter site slow downs on here. Apples site might be more suited to handle the high traffic compared to this site.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
If you already have a good relationship with a Rep in a corporate store - you can make an appointment with them to get an iPhone on the 10th, and they'll hold one with your name on it.

janedo1586

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Bad news...I just got an email from my corporate rep that they are NOT allowed to make appointments at the store AT ALL for this. She said the iPhone is strictly first come, first serve.

lr_zuber

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I sure would like to know if they're going to allow pre-orders to be HELD at an Apple Store. Didn't they do that for AT&T and there were "pre-order" and "non pre-order" lines?

I'll be in Las Vegas Feb 5-12th. If I call and pre-order to have shipped, it will arrive ~10th and no one will be home. Yes, I can have it shipped somewhere to be signed but I won't get it until I get home, the 12th. I could wait in line at an Apple Store, the 10th, but I want to be GUARANTEED they'll have a phone for me. I don't want to have to be there too extremely early (say no earlier than 7AM) when they open at 10AM but end up losing out on a phone because my vacation was scheduled before the iPhone was announced.

coltsbr

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I sure would like to know if they're going to allow pre-orders to be HELD at an Apple Store. Didn't they do that for AT&T and there were "pre-order" and "non pre-order" lines?

I'll be in Las Vegas Feb 5-12th. If I call and pre-order to have shipped, it will arrive ~10th and no one will be home. Yes, I can have it shipped somewhere to be signed but I won't get it until I get home, the 12th. I could wait in line at an Apple Store, the 10th, but I want to be GUARANTEED they'll have a phone for me. I don't want to have to be there too extremely early (say no earlier than 7AM) when they open at 10AM but end up losing out on a phone because my vacation was scheduled before the iPhone was announced.

It looks like you can pre order online from Apple on the 3rd but not sure about going into the store and doing it. I would think no only because they said they would not be available in stores till the 10th.

jb1dsl

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Looking for confirmation on telesales on the 3rd. I have an older plan and do not want to change. Doesn't it always ask you to pick a plan when you try to order online? I have done telesales on the last two phones I ordered so my plan did not change at all..

Thx

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
so how exactly is this gonna work? When you pre-order on the 3rd, will you have the option to ship to your house or pick up in store. I think I will be more comfortable with shipping to my home because I can just see it now that when I get to VZW store the idiot that works saying to me " Sorry but I know you had a reserved phone but we are all sold out, sorry" They are idiots, I avoid going in if I can help it.

Elaine5006

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I think I am going to wait until I can go into a store. How long would a phone take to arrive if ordered online? It would probably arrive when I could go into a store to purchase one.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I think I am going to wait until I can go into a store. How long would a phone take to arrive if ordered online? It would probably arrive when I could go into a store to purchase one.
Verizon typically uses FedEx. And if there's stock in the warehouse when you order, you get the phone next day. Or, in the case of pre-orders, on the same day a phone is released in stores.

IF there's a back order, they give you a target date for delivery.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner