Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    221 Global Posts

Default iPhone shipping on Feb. 3rd for current VZW customers?

So what does everyone think? From the official Verizon Wireless website:

AN EXCLUSIVE OPPORTUNITY FOR
    VERIZON WIRELESS CUSTOMERS
    Get an iPhone 4 from our reserved quantity before
    they're available to everyone else.

So are you going to be able to pre-order on the 3rd and have one overnighted to you like they currently do all of their online orders if you are a current Verizon subscriber? Heres to wishful thinking!
    Thanked by:
    Julian35961 (01-17-2011)

Global Posts
    11,902 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Feb 3rd is the announced pre-order date for existing customers.

They will ship so that most of them should be in the hands of their new owners by release date of Feb 10th. A few might get lucky, and get them Feb 9th.

You will not get one on Feb 4th. Unless there's a monumental screw up in the process.
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    1,142 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    IOS 7

Quote Originally Posted by kch50428 View Post
    Feb 3rd is the announced pre-order date for existing customers.

They will ship so that most of them should be in the hands of their new owners by release date of Feb 10th. A few might get lucky, and get them Feb 9th.

You will not get one on Feb 4th. Unless there's a monumental screw up in the process.
    Agreed, I was told they would start shipping Feb 8th or 9th overnight if you chose that shipping option.
    iMore Genius

iOS Version
    iOS 7.1 b5

What everyone is saying is true, but remember the iPhone4 launch on AT&T... many of the "pre-orders" started getting their iPhone4 a day or two early... but officially, it's:

Pre-order on 2/3
    Purchase/receive on 2/10.
    Curmudgeon and Former Member/Participant
    iPhone 5S / iPad Mini Retina / 15" MacBook Pro Retina
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    1,142 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    IOS 7

Quote Originally Posted by HankAZ View Post
    What everyone is saying is true, but remember the iPhone4 launch on AT&T... many of the "pre-orders" started getting their iPhone4 a day or two early... but officially, it's:

Pre-order on 2/3
    Purchase/receive on 2/10.
    We can always hope REALLY hard and hope they come early!
    Thanked by:
    shipwrestler125 (01-17-2011)
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

Does this mean it will be shipped to your address or local VZW/Apple Store?
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    IOS5

Can you pre order now?
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    1,142 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    IOS 7

Quote Originally Posted by ajl06808 View Post
    Does this mean it will be shipped to your address or local VZW/Apple Store?
    I have all my phones shipped to my work so I can sign for them.

I think you can choose the shipment point. Your own house/the verizon store or where you will be to sign for it since they send them all out signature required.
    Thanked by:
    ajl06808 (01-17-2011)
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    1,142 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    IOS 7

Quote Originally Posted by Julian35961 View Post
    Can you pre order now?
    Not till Feb 3rd.
    iPhone Newbie

I love how everyone thinks they know everything when it comes to the Verizon iPhone's release. By the looks of Verizon's website and the email existing customers receive when signing up to be notified it does seem as if existing customers will actually get their hands on the device on the 3rd a full week ahead of mass availability on the 10th. The email I received says that more information will become available the week before the 3rd so I'm assuming that email (to be received around 1/25) will have instructions for preordering and a device will be shipped to you on the 3rd. Just my take.

Global Posts
    11,902 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by naeubanks View Post
    I love how everyone thinks they know everything when it comes to the Verizon iPhone's release. By the looks of Verizon's website and the email existing customers receive when signing up to be notified it does seem as if existing customers will actually get their hands on the device on the 3rd a full week ahead of mass availability on the 10th. The email I received says that more information will become available the week before the 3rd so I'm assuming that email (to be received around 1/25) will have instructions for preordering and a device will be shipped to you on the 3rd. Just my take.
    Sorry, wrong take.

Shipping will happen so that pre-orders reach customers on release date in stores - in this case, Feb 10th. This is how Verizon has historically done releases of what they expect will be popular phones. And until there is official confirmation to the contrary, history is a good guide in predicting future behavior. Even for Verizon.
    Keith - iMore Moderator - The Mobile Nations/iMore Forum Rules
     iPhone5 on VZW;  iPad(2012) - wifi with BadElf for GPS
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." -- Socrates
    iPhone Beginner

I am thinking along the same line as you. I think we could see it delivered on the 4th. The main reason is because it does say receive the iphone before everyone else. If they were going to ship it for delivery on the 10th why would they say receive it before everyone else. If you have it shipped and delivered on the 10th they people who stand online in the morning will have it before you. This is not a standard launch for verizon so you can throw out past history.
    Last edited by rich13er; 01-20-2011 at 07:55 PM.

Global Posts
    11,902 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by rich13er View Post
    This is not a standard launch for verizon so you can through out past history.
    I won't throw out history - Not without solid evidence.

The Email from VZW:

Because we appreciate and value your loyalty, existing Verizon Wireless customers will have an exclusive online opportunity to purchase on a first-come, first-served basis before iPhone 4 is available to everyone else.
    That says "opportunity to purchase" - which is the Pre-order. Nothing said about delivery. Historical precedent is the launch of the original BB Storm. Pre-orders were taken, and shipping to arrive on store launch date. More than one person has confirmed this elsewhere in this forum.

Once a large organization such as VZW has established a process, they are loathe to change it.
    Last edited by kch50428; 01-20-2011 at 07:39 PM. Reason: add'l info
    iPhone Newbie

From Verizon's Website:

Sounds like you get it before 2/10 to me.

Global Posts
    11,902 Global Posts
    iOS Version

You get to pre-order. Delivery will be on Feb 10th.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    128 Global Posts

From Verizon's Website:

Sounds like you get it before 2/10 to me.
    Ok look, you will get it between the 9th and 11th if your pre order the iPhone 4. What they are saying is current Verizon customers actually can ORDER the phone before its available to everyone else, So you know for sure you will have one and not have to gamble on getting one or not.

PS: I ONLY said between the 9th and 11th because it is possible you will get it a day early or a day late but most likely all pre orders will have them on the 10th.
    Thanked by:
    anneemonster (01-24-2011), nies (01-21-2011)
    iPhone Newbie

I agree with the guy above... You'll have yours for sure the day of release (assuming stock). You will not get it more than a day (2 if you're lucky) early.
  18. Thread AuthorThread Author   #18  
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    221 Global Posts

Wow, I actually forgot I posted this, lol. Thanks for all the posts. I think it could go either way but like has been said, I guess we really wont know anything until the email from Verizon letting us know. It is, however, always fun to speculate. I think I will be plenty happy if I actually get one on launch date and do not have to wait for several months because of everyone trying to get one. That is of course assuming that those who pre-order are completely safe from the monumental screw up that happened when the iPhone 4 originally launched. Not a perfect world though so you never know...
    iPhone Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by MiXoLoGiSt View Post
    Ok look, you will get it between the 9th and 11th if your pre order the iPhone 4. What they are saying is current Verizon customers actually can ORDER the phone before its available to everyone else, So you know for sure you will have one and not have to gamble on getting one or not.

PS: I ONLY said between the 9th and 11th because it is possible you will get it a day early or a day late but most likely all pre orders will have them on the 10th.
    I love how "Get an iPhone 4 before everyone else" turns into "ORDER" and get one between 9th and 11th

Global Posts
    11,902 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I love how "Get an iPhone 4 before everyone else" turns into "ORDER" and get one between 9th and 11th
    And I love how "Get one before everyone else" turns into pre-order on the 3rd, get it on the 4th, despite ample evidence of precedence of what has been done on major product releases.
    iPhone Beginner

And I love how "Get one before everyone else" turns into pre-order on the 3rd, get it on the 4th, despite ample evidence of precedence of what has been done on major product releases.
    I love how some people on this forum can take their opinion and make it the how it is going to be and basically bash other people opinions. What we had said is that was our take on it. Not that it is the truth. We could be wrong and you could be wrong too. So until Verizon make the announcement please just state your opinion and let everyone else state theirs. You can disagree with the opinion that fine. But don't be a jerk about it.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    TBD

Does it really matter? It's only a week between the 3rd and the 10th. You could always possibly receive it anytime between the 3rd and the 10th. As it stands now, we are 2 weeks away from pre-ordering anyway, so what's one week to have to wait for the phone? It's not like you're pre-ordering the phone and having to wait one month or something ...

Yes, I am really excited to receive my iPhone, but I've waited years for it, so what's one more week?

Just my 2 cents.

Global Posts
    11,902 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by rich13er View Post
    But don't be a jerk about it.
    Having facts and experience to back one's opinion makes one a jerk?

Fact: Verizon has done pre-orders in the past, and deliveries on pre-orders are on release day in stores until stock is shipped, then - pre-order customers are provided an estimated delivery date. There is no reason to expect them to change this practice.

Sorry if telling the truth offends.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts

All i want is for the phone to work. Hopefully we won't have to deal with the yellow screens the AT&T customers dealt with.
    21st Century Nerd
    iPhone Beginner

Having facts and experience to back one's opinion makes one a jerk?
    No, but stating your opinion as FACT can. Thats ok though its good that your commited to your beliefs.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast