iPhone shipping on Feb. 3rd for current VZW customers?

lcargile

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
So what does everyone think? From the official Verizon Wireless website:

AN EXCLUSIVE OPPORTUNITY FOR
VERIZON WIRELESS CUSTOMERS
Get an iPhone 4 from our reserved quantity before
they're available to everyone else.

So are you going to be able to pre-order on the 3rd and have one overnighted to you like they currently do all of their online orders if you are a current Verizon subscriber? Heres to wishful thinking!:D

Reactions: Julian35961

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Feb 3rd is the announced pre-order date for existing customers.

They will ship so that most of them should be in the hands of their new owners by release date of Feb 10th. A few might get lucky, and get them Feb 9th.

You will not get one on Feb 4th. Unless there's a monumental screw up in the process.

coltsbr

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Feb 3rd is the announced pre-order date for existing customers.

They will ship so that most of them should be in the hands of their new owners by release date of Feb 10th. A few might get lucky, and get them Feb 9th.

You will not get one on Feb 4th. Unless there's a monumental screw up in the process.

Agreed, I was told they would start shipping Feb 8th or 9th overnight if you chose that shipping option.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
What everyone is saying is true, but remember the iPhone4 launch on AT&T... many of the "pre-orders" started getting their iPhone4 a day or two early... but officially, it's:

Pre-order on 2/3
Purchase/receive on 2/10.

coltsbr

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
What everyone is saying is true, but remember the iPhone4 launch on AT&T... many of the "pre-orders" started getting their iPhone4 a day or two early... but officially, it's:

Pre-order on 2/3
Purchase/receive on 2/10.

We can always hope REALLY hard and hope they come early! :D

Reactions: shipwrestler125

coltsbr

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Does this mean it will be shipped to your address or local VZW/Apple Store?

I have all my phones shipped to my work so I can sign for them.

I think you can choose the shipment point. Your own house/the verizon store or where you will be to sign for it since they send them all out signature required.

Reactions: ajl06808

naeubanks

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I love how everyone thinks they know everything when it comes to the Verizon iPhone's release. By the looks of Verizon's website and the email existing customers receive when signing up to be notified it does seem as if existing customers will actually get their hands on the device on the 3rd a full week ahead of mass availability on the 10th. The email I received says that more information will become available the week before the 3rd so I'm assuming that email (to be received around 1/25) will have instructions for preordering and a device will be shipped to you on the 3rd. Just my take.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I love how everyone thinks they know everything when it comes to the Verizon iPhone's release. By the looks of Verizon's website and the email existing customers receive when signing up to be notified it does seem as if existing customers will actually get their hands on the device on the 3rd a full week ahead of mass availability on the 10th. The email I received says that more information will become available the week before the 3rd so I'm assuming that email (to be received around 1/25) will have instructions for preordering and a device will be shipped to you on the 3rd. Just my take.
Sorry, wrong take.

Shipping will happen so that pre-orders reach customers on release date in stores - in this case, Feb 10th. This is how Verizon has historically done releases of what they expect will be popular phones. And until there is official confirmation to the contrary, history is a good guide in predicting future behavior. Even for Verizon.

rich13er

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site

I am thinking along the same line as you. I think we could see it delivered on the 4th. The main reason is because it does say receive the iphone before everyone else. If they were going to ship it for delivery on the 10th why would they say receive it before everyone else. If you have it shipped and delivered on the 10th they people who stand online in the morning will have it before you. This is not a standard launch for verizon so you can throw out past history.

Last edited:

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
This is not a standard launch for verizon so you can through out past history.

I won't throw out history - Not without solid evidence.

The Email from VZW:

Because we appreciate and value your loyalty, existing Verizon Wireless customers will have an exclusive online opportunity to purchase on a first-come, first-served basis before iPhone 4 is available to everyone else.

That says "opportunity to purchase" - which is the Pre-order. Nothing said about delivery. Historical precedent is the launch of the original BB Storm. Pre-orders were taken, and shipping to arrive on store launch date. More than one person has confirmed this elsewhere in this forum.

Once a large organization such as VZW has established a process, they are loathe to change it.

Last edited:

naeubanks

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
From Verizon's Website:

Sounds like you get it before 2/10 to me.

MiXoLoGiSt

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
From Verizon's Website:

Sounds like you get it before 2/10 to me.

Ok look, you will get it between the 9th and 11th if your pre order the iPhone 4. What they are saying is current Verizon customers actually can ORDER the phone before its available to everyone else, So you know for sure you will have one and not have to gamble on getting one or not.

PS: I ONLY said between the 9th and 11th because it is possible you will get it a day early or a day late but most likely all pre orders will have them on the 10th.

dcsr23#IM

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I agree with the guy above... You'll have yours for sure the day of release (assuming stock). You will not get it more than a day (2 if you're lucky) early.

lcargile

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Wow, I actually forgot I posted this, lol. Thanks for all the posts. I think it could go either way but like has been said, I guess we really wont know anything until the email from Verizon letting us know. It is, however, always fun to speculate. I think I will be plenty happy if I actually get one on launch date and do not have to wait for several months because of everyone trying to get one. That is of course assuming that those who pre-order are completely safe from the monumental screw up that happened when the iPhone 4 originally launched. Not a perfect world though so you never know...

naeubanks

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Ok look, you will get it between the 9th and 11th if your pre order the iPhone 4. What they are saying is current Verizon customers actually can ORDER the phone before its available to everyone else, So you know for sure you will have one and not have to gamble on getting one or not.

PS: I ONLY said between the 9th and 11th because it is possible you will get it a day early or a day late but most likely all pre orders will have them on the 10th.

I love how "Get an iPhone 4 before everyone else" turns into "ORDER" and get one between 9th and 11th

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I love how "Get an iPhone 4 before everyone else" turns into "ORDER" and get one between 9th and 11th

And I love how "Get one before everyone else" turns into pre-order on the 3rd, get it on the 4th, despite ample evidence of precedence of what has been done on major product releases. :rolleyes:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice