iPhone to TV via bluetooth

ecs180

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone,

Long time crackberry fan, but time to ditch that for the upcoming verizon iphone (been wanting genius player on my phone forever amongst other things). Two quick questions, i saw the simpsons game post previously and wondered if anyone had any suggestions on how to, using bluetooth, connect an iphone to a tv. I currently live in nyc (the rent is to damb high) and therefore dont have cable, so i wanted to know if I could connect via bluetooth to a tv either through a computer, apple tv, etc. I have done a little searching and couldn't find much.

Also, does anyone have any suggesions for a bluetooth receiver that works well with iphones so I could connect and hook up to a head phone jack -> aux cables ->stereo

Thanks!

Slyfi

TiPb Forum Staff
Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Ok, going to take this one from the top...

Using a bluetooth connection to send video in real time to your TV would be horrible and painfully slow,

sending audio is good for bluetooth because of it relatively small KBPS,

the best solution would be to use an Apple Tv over WiFi, that way you can stream content over the internet and from your phone over AirPlay.

Hope that helps.

and for your bluetooth audio to stereo Apple Tv would also work but your local best buy also has hundreds of solutions for that.