Not happy with Apple right now..

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmxfreak995

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Just got back from Verizon today because i was having troubles with my Blackberry (no surprise there), anyways while i was there i decided to ask about my upgrade eligibility. I can upgrade on Feb 28th, but my dad is already eligible. I remember reading somewhere (on this forum i think) about some guy that bought an iPhone from AT&T on his wife's upgrade and then had problems switching the iPhone to his number. The plan was to just take my dad's upgrade so i could be the new kid on the black with the iPhone. I wanted to check with the Verizon people to see if this was possible so i would not end up like the other guy in the forum and have to deal with Verizon all day instead of playing with my new iPhone. The clerk was not sure so she went to ask her manager. He came to talk to me and dropped the news. Apple is not allowing the switching of ESN's. I cant use my dads upgrade to get the phone on my number. I then asked well is there anyway that since i have bought 14 phones from you guys (seriously i have) that you could shorten my contract period so i would be able to upgrade on the 10th and just sign a new contract. His response was that Apple also is not allowing Verizon to do this. So it appears that i will have to wait until the 28th now, i am not a happy camper. Anyone think they have a way around this? PLEASE LET ME KNOW!

shipwrestler125

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Im sure it wont kill you to wait the extra 18 days and you never know maybe there will be a bug or something wrong with the first batch of iphones. I'm sure verizon is doing this because they know there is such a high demand for the phone

bmxfreak995

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I know. Its only 18 days. Its just gonna be a really late Christmas gift. This is true too, Verizon may be telling me it is Apple cause its a lot easier to point the finger. Oh well. sounds like there is no way out of it but just playing the waiting game.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Apple has nothing to do with Verizon ESN Swaps, guy if full of bologna ... I wouldn't sweat it, continue with your original plan.

ythot26

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I've got a question, and figured this is just a good a place to ask as any
So we're coming pretty close to the end of our contracts, and I'm trying to see when we can upgrade. However, my dad doesn't have a myverizon account set up, and when we go to set one up it asks for the billing system password... and we're clueless as to what this is. any help? where do we find this password?
thanks

mg911

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
its a password that was setup when the account was opened. Just have your dad call and say he forgot the password and they reset it or change it.

Toddzilla

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
This is a security feature. If you don't know it you will have to call Verizon. They will ask a couple of questions to establish account ownership, and then reset it for you.

dndrich

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Set up your "My Verizon" account online and you can swap upgrades from one line to another.

Hmm. How do you do this? We have 4 lines, one of which will be eligible for an upgrade on 1/17/11. How do I swap that to another phone? I just don't see where to do that...

Status
Not open for further replies.