Not happy with Apple right now..

Status
Not open for further replies.

brina042

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Hmm. How do you do this? We have 4 lines, one of which will be eligible for an upgrade on 1/17/11. How do I swap that to another phone? I just don't see where to do that...

sign into your account and click the "Upgrade Now." It will then give you a list of all the lines on your account. Then you just swap the upgrade to another line. Hope this helps :)

dndrich

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
sign into your account and click the "Upgrade Now." It will then give you a list of all the lines on your account. Then you just swap the upgrade to another line. Hope this helps :)

Hmm. Perhaps that option doesn't appear until I actually have an upgrade to redeem. Currently none of my phones do until 1/17/11.

korp#IM

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Just got back from Verizon today because i was having troubles with my Blackberry (no surprise there), anyways while i was there i decided to ask about my upgrade eligibility. I can upgrade on Feb 28th, but my dad is already eligible. I remember reading somewhere (on this forum i think) about some guy that bought an iPhone from AT&T on his wife's upgrade and then had problems switching the iPhone to his number. The plan was to just take my dad's upgrade so i could be the new kid on the black with the iPhone. I wanted to check with the Verizon people to see if this was possible so i would not end up like the other guy in the forum and have to deal with Verizon all day instead of playing with my new iPhone. The clerk was not sure so she went to ask her manager. He came to talk to me and dropped the news. Apple is not allowing the switching of ESN's. I cant use my dads upgrade to get the phone on my number. I then asked well is there anyway that since i have bought 14 phones from you guys (seriously i have) that you could shorten my contract period so i would be able to upgrade on the 10th and just sign a new contract. His response was that Apple also is not allowing Verizon to do this. So it appears that i will have to wait until the 28th now, i am not a happy camper. Anyone think they have a way around this? PLEASE LET ME KNOW!

It wouldn't be an esn change .... it would be an alternate upgrade meaning it would never be activated on your dads line it would be activated on your line immediately. To my knowledge that is incorrect information you received.

dndrich

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I have no upgrades either, but it still gives me the option to click "upgrade now" ....

Yes, I get the option to upgrade now, but since none of my phones are ready for the upgrade discount, I do not get a button for transferring the upgrade to another phone. That would be my guess.

Tanker57

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I personally hate talking to the employees at Verizon stores. They tend to know less and have the most excuses to why they cant help. I find the brightest and most creative employees are on their phone lines. Call the Verizon sales line (800) 256-4646 and see what they can do for you. They may recommend signing up for MyVerizon as was mentioned earlier. I have the seen the use other phones upgrade on your line option on mine.

bmxfreak995

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I get the option to upgrade now, but since none of my phones are ready for the upgrade discount, I do not get a button for transferring the upgrade to another phone. That would be my guess.

yeah, your right. cause i had both non upgrade phones on my account and upgrades and you can only switch when you have an upgrade.

hiltitech

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Yes don't listen to people in store. Most don't know what they are talking about. Just call customer service and go with your plan. Customer service has always helped me every time I call. The store service sucks big time. I never go there for anything. Enjoy your iPhone I know I will

barbee865

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
i have done the "buddy upgrade" many times with VZW. we're always switching upgrades around. When the upgrade is eligible just do it online with an iphone. Then when the phone comes activate it to the line of your choosing.

dndrich

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
i have done the "buddy upgrade" many times with VZW. we're always switching upgrades around. When the upgrade is eligible just do it online with an iphone. Then when the phone comes activate it to the line of your choosing.

OK, that is what I figured, but your post confirms it. OK, I will wait for the one to come due soon, and change it to my line when I upgrade for iPhone. Perfect.

brina042

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

I've done this before too.

nies

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
if you change your upgrade do you have to order your phone online then? or can you switch the upgrade then go into the store and get it?

daihan123

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Just did the "myverizon" thing, problem solved. wow, im a happy camped again! thanks so much!

Hello! So glad it worked out for you!

I am in kinda the same situation. My hubby's line is eligible now. Mine 10/11.When you switched, what happened to your dad's line in regards to the date he will be able to upgrade to next? Did it make it so that his line was not eligible for an upgrade for 2 years?

TIA, sorry if I did not see if you answered this already or if my question does not make sense....

korp#IM

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
if you change your upgrade do you have to order your phone online then? or can you switch the upgrade then go into the store and get it?

If you are going to go in the store, don't waste your time in clicking transfer upgrade or whatever online ... just tell them you want to use that upgrade (your name must be on the account of course). Otherwise with the transfer upgrade option you could just order it online.

Toddzilla

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
There is no 'transfer upgrade' button. Use the tools on the website to upgrade the device that is eligable. When the device is delivered to you, use the online tools to activate the device on the line of your choice. It does not matter what line you use to acquire the device. It only matters which line you activate it on.
Using the MyVerizon tools you can use any eligable line to get the phone shipped to you. Then it is a simple matter of activating it on whatever line you want.
The line used to acquire the device will be the one locked into a new 2 year contract.

nies

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
ok that kinda makes sense ha, still a little confused but ill figure it out, so basically what i understand is that i would order the phone off of say my dads upgrade when its released. then when i get it just activate it on my line instead of his?

mg911

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
It is confusing, say if your order the phone on a different line, you have to add a data plan, then you activate it on your line, can you cancel the data plan on the other line?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR