What do you think about this?
i am on VZ right now. i am NOT do for an upgrade for a long time. my wife and i was thinking of paying the ETF and going to att. she LOVES the torch. i LOVE the iphone, and VZ is really expensive we think..
anyway, i get 3g with VZ and im about 30 miles from getting 3g with ATT, which they say should be soon(yeah right)...3g really does not matter to much to me. i dont use my phone for anything but texting at work, and im on wifi at home...so...since att is some cheaper, should i jump over to att? i fear that the VZ iphone will not be as good on battery cause it is CDMA...
thoughts? anyone doing the same?
Last edited by dvigue; 01-13-2011 at 06:45 PM.
- 01-13-2011, 06:53 PM #2
Well I made the jump over a year ago, and my hometown where my folks is EDGE and not 3G, and I have wifi there, and just about anywhere i am, and yes I do miss 3G a little, but that all being said, I don't miss vzw, and i don't miss their CS and I don't miss them at all lol
My best advice is to try them for 30 days and see before you're out the ETF's and see what ya think... give it a month a see.. can't hurt ...
- 01-13-2011, 07:00 PM #3
I switched to AT&T a couple of years ago because VZW service at my house was bad in the evenings. I couldn't keep a signal some days for more than a minute. I switched to AT&T (got the BB Bold), and haven't really had many issues at all. Upgraded to the 3GS a number of months later, moved to a Nexus (AT&T bands) when my better half had a water incident with her iPhone, and got an iP4 not too long ago. All devices have been fine on AT&T's network. I agree with Cleveland that your should probably try to "demo" AT&T devices for a little while before incurring ETFs. For some, AT&T signal is just as, if not more, reliable than VZW. For others, it's the opposite. YMMV. I don't know about the battery life. I have not seen any real world metrics (obviously). I saw some specs somewhere that had them listed as about the same in terms of battery life, but I don't know if that was just someone assuming or if there was really anything official put out about that.
- 01-13-2011, 07:05 PM #4
Sh*t... forgot about battery life lol... There is something I believe about battery life and CDMA, i don't remember what it was, Idk what kind of devices you and the wife have now, but there's nothing wrong with BB battery life, and i4 battery life is outstanding, get a full days use easy with medium usage... once you get into heavy usage daily it's best to have at least a charger accessible just in case...
- 01-13-2011, 07:41 PM #5
- 01-14-2011, 07:15 AM #6
Balance the weight on whether the ETF costs more than an early upgrade fee for the Verizon iPhone...that is where your decision should prob sit at this time.
As far as your coverage area...i would never move to another carrier that didn't offer the service i was paying for right now (with simply a promise of better coverage in the future, which almost always ends up being delayed far longer than they promise). If Verizon is better in your area, then keep Verizon right now...figure out a way to get the iphone with Verizon and be done with it.
If, for some odd reason you just feel the need that you have to move to AT&T (even with lesser service apparently), make sure you setup a family plan so that you can save some money on the two smart phone packages.
Also, make sure your wife plays with the Torch before actually putting the money into it...i haven't met a person YET that actually liked the phone after purchasing it, ALL of them hated it within a month.
- 01-14-2011, 10:02 AM #7