Cannot decide between iPhone and Droid Bionic

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Another criteria is whether you want an open or closed phone. The open phone will be marginally more vulnerable to malware.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I am currently a BB Tour user and when I made up my mind based on the poor performance and showing by RIM at this years CES in Vegas and lack of phones coming out and the fact that I have always wanted an iphone anyway I also wrestlted with the Motorola Bionic but iphone has won out and I have already been into itunes into the app store downloading all the good productive apps I can find for free for work as well as personal just sitting in my itunes app section waiting to bring my new iphone home to do the first sync.

I go on every day and add another app or two and even have my case chosen and screen protectors....lol :) Hey if you are going to do it, might as well be prepared right?

Reactions: shipwrestler125

shipwrestler125

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I am currently a BB Tour user and when I made up my mind based on the poor performance and showing by RIM at this years CES in Vegas and lack of phones coming out and the fact that I have always wanted an iphone anyway I also wrestlted with the Motorola Bionic but iphone has won out and I have already been into itunes into the app store downloading all the good productive apps I can find for free for work as well as personal just sitting in my itunes app section waiting to bring my new iphone home to do the first sync.

I go on every day and add another app or two and even have my case chosen and screen protectors....lol :) Hey if you are going to do it, might as well be prepared right?

I'm doing the same thing. What apps are you downloading? jw

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm doing the same thing. What apps are you downloading? jw

SW... Mostly I am dloading productivity apps that I can use for work and also benefit me in my every day life. I have no desire at least right now to worry about games and such.

If you want I would be glad to go into itunes and give you my list I have so far and the names you can look in the app store for what they do. You will see then what I am tryingto do.

Amazon Mobile
Evernote
Find My iphone
Google Mobile App
ihome + sleep
Bank Of America
CNN
ESPN Sportscenter
Fed EX
Fox Sports
Free Barcode Reader
Merriam-Webster Dict.
NY Times
Paypal
Price Check By Amazon-Great App
Trapster-for radar in your area on a map by GPS
UPS
Weather Channel

Hope that helps you

shipwrestler125

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
SW... Mostly I am dloading productivity apps that I can use for work and also benefit me in my every day life. I have no desire at least right now to worry about games and such.

If you want I would be glad to go into itunes and give you my list I have so far and the names you can look in the app store for what they do. You will see then what I am tryingto do.

Amazon Mobile
Evernote
Find My iphone
Google Mobile App
ihome + sleep
Bank Of America
CNN
ESPN Sportscenter
Fed EX
Fox Sports
Free Barcode Reader
Merriam-Webster Dict.
NY Times
Paypal
Price Check By Amazon-Great App
Trapster-for radar in your area on a map by GPS
UPS
Weather Channel

Hope that helps you

Thanks alot!

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Thanks alot!

Anytime I can help....:D

I have these now and will concentrate on more apps to use for work. All the apps I listed for you are free and I am sure I am goingto have to pay for some but most of the apps are very affordable and I can justify paying for them.

I want everything in place when I go to my local store to buy so I can walk in, have them transfer my contacts in the store, set up my email and pretty much thats it.

I also went to Apple.com BTW and downloaded the full PDF users guide for the iphone 4 so when I do this at the store I can go home,sync the phone in itunes and start playing with it to set it up to my liking and have the apps i want ready to install.

As you can see I have been planning this for some time...:D

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Just my opnion but yes the Boinic has great specs and I'm sure it will be a very good device. It looks like its going to have the best of the best in it. I just feel like android is sluggish and has these little bugs that never go away. That's reason why I left Blackberry to get away from all the little bugs.

That's why I am bailing on BlackBerry, too. I just can't take that they release phones that have these huge issues (items missing from menus, random restarts, etc.)

And I sincerely hope Apple never makes the screen bigger... am I the only person who still wants their phone to fit in their pocket? I'm just over 5 feet tall, and these Droids will NEVER get in my pockets...

shipwrestler125

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Anytime I can help....:D

I have these now and will concentrate on more apps to use for work. All the apps I listed for you are free and I am sure I am goingto have to pay for some but most of the apps are very affordable and I can justify paying for them.

I want everything in place when I go to my local store to buy so I can walk in, have them transfer my contacts in the store, set up my email and pretty much thats it.

I also went to Apple.com BTW and downloaded the full PDF users guide for the iphone 4 so when I do this at the store I can go home,sync the phone in itunes and start playing with it to set it up to my liking and have the apps i want ready to install.

As you can see I have been planning this for some time...:D

Yeah pretty much all I will use is facebook, maps and espn. Maybe some angry birds lol. I'm sure I will download more apps later but for now those will be fine

Scout_313

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
For me, the decision is easy since I live in an area that does not have LTE coverage. Because of this, I will definitely be going for the iPhone as I do not want to pay for something that I cannot have access to. I'll be paying full retail, but I have 2 lines that will be eligible for upgrades in May and July so if anything better comes out in the near future, I can upgrade at a cheaper cost.

shipwrestler125

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
For me, the decision is easy since I live in an area that does not have LTE coverage. Because of this, I will definitely be going for the iPhone as I do not want to pay for something that I cannot have access to. I'll be paying full retail, but I have 2 lines that will be eligible for upgrades in May and July so if anything better comes out in the near future, I can upgrade at a cheaper cost.

I am the same way going to pay full retail I have another line due for an upgrade in july so if anything comes out then I can upgrade but I think the iphone will hold me over for atleast a year

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
The Bionic looks great but being a LTE phone I'm doubting its battery.. On the other hand its known that the iPhone 4 has awesome battery life and furthermore in my opinion the best out of any smartphone currently available. Of course battery is only one component of the many you should consider but its a very important one as a phone with a terrible battery is essentially just a fancy paper weight.

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
That's why I am bailing on BlackBerry, too. I just can't take that they release phones that have these huge issues (items missing from menus, random restarts, etc.)

And I sincerely hope Apple never makes the screen bigger... am I the only person who still wants their phone to fit in their pocket? I'm just over 5 feet tall, and these Droids will NEVER get in my pockets...

What do you wear, girl jeans? my EVO fits in my pocket just fine and I still have a lot of room.

Once you go big, its very hard to go back.

Reactions: shipwrestler125

shipwrestler125

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
The Bionic looks great but being a LTE phone I'm doubting its battery.. On the other hand its known that the iPhone 4 has awesome battery life and furthermore in my opinion the best out of any smartphone currently available. Of course battery is only one component of the many you should consider but its a very important one as a phone with a terrible battery is essentially just a fancy paper weight.

I agree battery life is one of the main deciding factors for me especially after having a droid incredible where battery life was awful

shipwrestler125

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

Unless you wear super tight jeans a 4 inch screen even 4.3 such as the EVO and Droid X fit easily in a pocket. I think apple needs to make a 4 inch screen retina display that would be perfect

Entertainment72

Apr 1, 2009
Visit site
I don't even have LTE or WiMax in my area and won't till after 2012, so why pay for something I'm not getting. I'm at 5+Mbps on AT&T 3g anyways.... The Miami Heat have approved this message.

thebizz

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I have wimax hspa+ but no lte yet if Verizon rolls out lte as fast as sprint rolled out wimax in my area I should have lte by fall. I don't want to pay extra for lte but I would rather pay the extra amount than get lte in my area and be stuck with 3g . I have a hard decision

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox