- iPhone Newbie
- 27 Posts
So here's the problem, I've already decided that I'm going to use some of my tax return money on upgrading my jailbroken 3G that I've had since Feb of 2009. I just can't decide if I should get the iPhone 4 or if I should hold out for the next release this summer (hopefully). What do you think?
- 01-12-2011, 04:03 PM #2
I say, if you really want it go get the iphone 4. But......if you have waited this long, then why not wait a couple more months. It's really all in what you want. If you have been satisfied with the 3G this whole time then it probably would'nt kill you to wait. Worse case situation is you wait and they donít come out with anything new in June, then you can just go get the iphone 4 then. But if Apple stays on the same cycles it's been on since 2007 then I'm just assuming that a new iphone will be out this coming June.
- 01-12-2011, 04:05 PM #3
i came from a 3G to the iP4 and whoa! what a difference. either way you'll be happy
keep in mind you'll probably get a device loaded with iOS 4.2.1 or higher and currently the only jailbreak is tethered, don't know if that is a big deal or not
i know people who are waiting to upgrade for this reason alone
- 01-12-2011, 06:45 PM #4
- 01-12-2011, 06:51 PM #5
Wait. place ther money in a savings account. Let it collect up interest, and DON'T TOUCH IT. Come summer, you will have more then you put in, and that could be used for accessories and such.
Granted, you won't get that much back, but it does help. Check with your bank to see if your savings account even has interest. I know US Bank has it. (Who I bank with)
- 01-12-2011, 09:54 PM #6
Or, if you are dying to get rid of the 3G, find a 3gs on craigslist to hold you over. You can always either sell it and probably make that money back or some place offer trade in allowance. Of all places, Target (in my area) just started selling mobile, and they take trade ins for iphone. Manager told me she had a couple people pay $25 for a 32g i4 with trade in and new 2 year.
Worth at least looking into
- 01-13-2011, 08:41 AM #7
You have a while to wait...it just depends on your own patience. I'd personally wait for the iPhone 5, since it's within a matter of months now, but the iPhone 4 is a fantastic device and will wow you to no end coming from a 3G.
Just keep in mind, while the iPhone 4 is amazing, when the new iPhone comes out with pretty and shiny new features, that you wont get with your iPhone 4, will you be able to sit contently with your newly purchased iP4 still? If yes, go for it, get it now and enjoy it! If not, give it some time and you'll find patience is a virtue.