Will Verizon offer "insurance" on their iphone?

gopackgo777

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Hello, everyone. Someone at my work said ATT doesn't offer insurance on the iPhone. I pay a small monthly fee at Verizon for my current Palm Pre Plus. Just wondering if Verizon will offer that same sort of insurance "lost, broken or stolen" ect. insurance.... and if not, will that sway anyones decision if they will purchase one? Thoughts....thanks!

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Asurion DOES offer insurance on the iPhone 4 for Att. It must be added on within the first 30 days and its purchased through the Mobile Protect app so I bet it will be also good for the Verizon

shinbone

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Just got off the phone with a VZW rep. I asked her about "Asurion" insurance for new iPhone and this is what I was told:

Currently I pay $5.99 / month for insurance on my Blackberry with a $50.00 deductable (lost, stolen, damaged etc coverage).

For the iPhone and other "new smartphones", the cost of insurance will increase to: $7.99 / month and an $89.00 deductable (*** can't remember the exact price she said, but it was right around $89.00/month)

Last edited:
Reactions: lr_zuber

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
just a FYI, Asurion for the At&t iPhone is 11.99 a month with a $200 ded. Yes thats steep but until last summer, Asurion wouldnt even touch iPhones. I bet it will be higher than 7.99 a month with $89 as stated above for the Vzn iPhone

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Personal Effects Policy with state farm / $39 a year no deductible ... I was lucky enough to get it on my home owners policy at no charge and had to use it ... No issues .. Worked like a charm

piggly99

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Hello, everyone. Someone at my work said ATT doesn't offer insurance on the iPhone. I pay a small monthly fee at Verizon for my current Palm Pre Plus. Just wondering if Verizon will offer that same sort of insurance "lost, broken or stolen" ect. insurance.... and if not, will that sway anyones decision if they will purchase one? Thoughts....thanks!

woahhhhhh i have a palm pre plus also :eek: with the insurance thing i used it a couple times nd its not changin my mind if they dont. although im sure they would i dont see why they wouldnt

cellphonejedi

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
With my shop, I offer Global Warranty which is a separate company outside VZW. It's 99 bux for 2 years, only a 75 dollar deductible and they generally send a new phone. I have not had any communication from them as of yet about being able to cover the iPhone on VZW.

korp#IM

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Just got off the phone with a VZW rep. I asked her about "Asurion" insurance for new iPhone and this is what I was told:

Currently I pay $5.99 / month for insurance on my Blackberry with a $50.00 deductable (lost, stolen, damaged etc coverage).

For the iPhone and other "new smartphones", the cost of insurance will increase to: $7.99 / month and an $89.00 deductable (*** can't remember the exact price she said, but it was right around $89.00/month)

The 7.99 is the newer pricing as phones have become more expensive over the years. I have no doubt that's the pricing since the full retail of an iphone is about the same as a droid smartphone.

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
AT&T does offer insurance but it's $13.99 a month and a $100 deductible ... It's not worth it if you do the math ... As I iterated ... State farm personal effects policy $39 a year NO DEDUCTIBLE and you get paid full retail for a new phone ... Not a reman or refurb

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2