Mail App not opening?

jaguar11

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
my iphone 3GS on 4.1 cannot open the mail app. as soon as touch the icon, the mail app opens and then crashes. I restarted the phone several times but to no avail. any solutions other than restoring because i don't want to update to 4.2 because it might not be unlockable when i want to sell it. any help is appreciated. thanks

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
It sounds like the mail app is corrupt. Your gonna have to restore your phone first try from backup then if that does not work as new. There should be a way to restore without updating. Perhaps other members know more about this as I am always on the latest update.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
What I would try before you do a reload is first open the task switcher and quit the mail app, reboot the phone and try the mail app. If that doesn't work remove your email accounts totally. So there will be no email accounts at all then reboot the phone. Setup your email(s) one by one seeing if the mail app is working better.

Reactions: BryanTheRed

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
For some reason I thought that shutting the phone down would kill the app switcher. Come to find out I was wrong. Good call.

I hope that works because it is much easier.

porksoda

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
Probably running out of memory... try as others suggested close app and reboot the phone and try it again... sometimes some email of a certain size at the server may casue the mail app to close... try reboot if it fails... clear your mailbox via webmail and try again.

If everything fails... full restore.

jaguar11

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
yeah, i'm not new to this stuff and i have already tried all of the stuff you guys mentioned. is there any other way than a restore? i really don't want to upgrade without knowing if it's unlockable or not. thanks

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73