Will Verizon offer iPhone insurance?

p08757

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
My guess would be yes. It would be the same as with any other smart phone. I think mine is about 5.99/month on my current device.

coltsbr

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I heard today from the store that they will offer a 1yr ext to the warranty for $69.00 to make the warranty 2yrs.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I don't think Asurion will cover Apple products. Thats why you have the option to get Apple care.

Apple care is only extending the warranty. Its not insurance.

Asurion does cover the iPhone 4 on At&t. Its $11.99 a month with a $200 deductible

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site

Asurion does cover the iPhone 4 on At&t. Its $11.99 a month with a $200 deductible

Why would you want to do that?

Unless your phone is stolen or lost, Apple will repair your iphone for 199 if its not covered by their warranty.

So while Apple Care isn't exactly insurance, you don't really need insurance. You don't need to extend Apple Care another year if you plan to upgrade in one year.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Why would you want to do that?

Unless your phone is stolen or lost, Apple will repair your iphone for 199 if its not covered by their warranty.

So while Apple Care isn't exactly insurance, you don't really need insurance. You don't need to extend Apple Care another year if you plan to upgrade in one year.

If you lose your phone or its stolen, are you willing to pay $700 for non contract? Just depends on whats important to the individual

coltsbr

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
And just for clarification I do not want apple care. Apple care doesn't cover breakage or lost/stolen.

I had an iPhone on AT&T with Apple care. I can't coment on lost or stolen but they do cover breakage. If if does not cover breakage or lost or stolen why would anyone get it?

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I suppose it does depend. I've never lost or had a phone stolen from me though and can't imagine doing that. I'm more concerned with dropping it. But at least its only 199 if i do (if apple doesn't cover it..they can be generous). But I haven't done that either (now i'm jinxed..lol)

coltsbr

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I suppose it does depend. I've never lost or had a phone stolen from me though and can't imagine doing that. I'm more concerned with dropping it. But at least its only 199 if i do (if apple doesn't cover it..they can be generous). But I haven't done that either (now i'm jinxed..lol)

Knock on wood a few times! LOL

ReeseyKups

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I will get the Apple Care, better to have something than nothing. In the past, Apple Care has come in handy with a warranty claim on an iPod.

shipwrestler125

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

man that is ridiculous the newer smart phones for verizon was 7.99 a month and then 89 deductible but 11.99 a month and 200 deductible i will pass maybe look else where for some insurance

Amber@Asurion

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Asurion Insurance for Verizon iPhone 4

Yes, insurance for the Verizon iPhone 4 is available. Asurion is the only Verizon-authorized insurance provider. Total Equipment Coverage is the most comprehensive insurance offering for your Verizon iPhone 4, with full protection including coverage of loss, theft, damage (including water), defects and out of warranty issues. The coverage also includes next day replacement in most cases. Learn more at Calling Features: Total Equipment Coverage – now with Mobile Recovery.

decarlo4

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I have an iPhone 4 with AT&T and I had to purchase outside insurance because AT&T didn't offer insurance for iPhone users.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox