- 01-14-2011, 11:40 AM #1076
This is such a great opportunity! I know my post probably won't even be read but I would love an iPhone. I've been researching it for so long and I even compiled reasons to get the iPhone now versus getting it later (from the rumors of the iPhone 5). And I've definitely decided the reasons to get it now outweight getting it later:
iPhone: Now or Later?
• You’ve got it…now
• iPhone 5 will most likely come to Verizon, but what if it doesn’t? And who’s to say that the iPhone 5 will definitely be running on any LTE network?
• If the phone DOES run on the LTE network, costs are going to be outrageous
o LTE is much faster, yes. Because of this you’re going to use it more.
o LTE downloads things faster, going to download more things
• All of this translates into capping your data usage in a matter of days, leaving massive amounts of overage fees
• If you get the iPhone now, you’re contract will be up in time for an iPhone that runs on an LTE network that will be cheaper and more reliable.
• The LTE network that so many carriers are releasing is not true LTE. You’re currently being charged for voice and data as two separate plans. True LTE combines voice and data and streams it in one. Through this network, only one service charge would be necessary, and therefore carriers would be losing money, essentially. However, these networks will be switching to true LTE soon and it will be more stable and even cheaper.
• Software update for iPhone 5 still might be pushed to iPhone 4
o In other words, you could benefit from new iPhone in all aspects other than LTE network
• The bottom line for getting the iPhone now is that…it’s here, it’s known, it works.
o If you wait, you’re not sure what you’re going to get or if you’re even going to get it.
• The RUMORED specs for iPhone 5:
o Faster speeds with LTE network
o Face Recognition security (and possible credit card capabilities?)
o FaceTime (video chatting) over the carrier’s network, instead of just WiFi
• [And I’m assuming you’ll be able to video chat with people other than those who have an iPhone, as is restricted right now]
o OLED screen (brighter than the current LCD screen AND with Retina Display, aka…amazing)
o An even longer battery life (iPhone already last 36 hours)
o HD audio feature and possibly a TV output
o A scratch proof/shock proof/shatter proof/fingerprint proof screen (front and back)
o LTE could be further along than expected
• Experts weren’t even expecting Verizon to have released LTE yet
o Currently, the iPhone is offered in 16GB and 32GB, it’s rumored that the new iPhone 5 will come in 32GB and 6
I'm a huge dork =o)
- 01-14-2011, 11:48 AM #1077iPhone Nanite
- 2 Posts
Chasing the iPhone
I love Tipb because reading your blog everyday really gives me something to look forward to. Tipb covers topics so well without getting overly technical (e.g., Rene's post on Google dropping H.264 support). Even if I don't win the iPhone I will continue coming here multiple times daily (and listening to both podcasts) to get the news is clear terms.
I have been chasing the Iphone ever since it was introduced in 2007. I have was so tempted to switch to AT&T for a long time, but their coverage is so poor where I live. I have had two android phones, but they are so buggy and updates never come so I would love to have the iPhone on Verizon. Thanks for doing what you do.
- 01-14-2011, 12:00 PM #1078iPhone Nanite
- 7 Posts
I have been following TiPb almost from the day you started. I liked it so much, it was an impetus for me to start using RSS feeds so that I could be sure of getting every new post quickly.
- 01-14-2011, 12:04 PM #1079
I Love TiPB because their female staff is more attractive then Android Central's My company only pays for VZW so I have an Android which I am happy with; but when it comes down to it, I would prefer an iphone since I'm a apple user at home. I look at TiPB just as much as Android Central preparing myself for the day I can get an iPhone!! I'm a tech lover, I'm not dissing my Incredible at all, but if I had a choice the iphone will be my pick. Please let me win!!
- 01-14-2011, 12:58 PM #1080iPhone Nanite
- 4 Posts
TiPb is where I get most of my iPhone news. You guys rock!
- 01-14-2011, 01:09 PM #1081
Great site for the latest up to date info.
- 01-14-2011, 01:18 PM #1082
- 01-14-2011, 01:22 PM #1083
TIPB is a great site... with the Verizon iPhone on the horizon it will be a central site for new iPhone users, I can't wait to be part of that community. This site will make the transition from Android to iOS an easy one... I can't wait to get my hands on the Verizon iPhone...even better would be if I managed to win one through this great site!
- 01-14-2011, 01:54 PM #1084iPhone Newbie
- 41 Posts
Have waited for years!
I've been stuck on a family plan on Verizon since I got my first flip phone. I upgraded to a Droid when it first came out because it was the best smartphone verizon had ever gotten but I have been a closet iPhone lover ever since Mr. Jobs announced the first one. I've listened to the iPhone live podcast since it started and absolutely love the articles and forums of this TiPb community.
- 01-14-2011, 02:45 PM #1085
- 01-14-2011, 03:38 PM #1086
I love the reviews on here...and although I haven't posted before or bought anything, there is great info here!!...Thanks TiPb!
If I win a Verizon iphone4, I gladly dump Att!
- 01-14-2011, 03:39 PM #1087
- 01-14-2011, 04:25 PM #1088
- 01-14-2011, 04:50 PM #1089iPhone Nanite
- 8 Posts
I love you people at tipb, becuase you guys review things engadget doesn't, give new information on all things iPhone, iPad, and iTouch and give stuff away, I'd love to get a new phone, this just isn't in my budget, (seriously not at all). Hope I can get a cell phone, the iphone would be a great first phone. Thanks for the give-away.
Here is a haiku to celebrate:
What an awesome thing,
the iPhone that is given
to Verizons care.
Thanks, crossing my fingers.
- 01-14-2011, 05:25 PM #1090
- 01-14-2011, 05:30 PM #1091
I would love a free iphone! I am a blackberry owner (have been for years) and this site is what made mé want to forget blackberries and become an iphone owner! Thanks to everyone here for all the helpful posts and blogs, its now my daily read! Xx
- 01-14-2011, 06:11 PM #1092
Verizon iphone 4 Givaway
I am new to this forum because of the long time love for iphone. I am a registered user of all of your sister sites and havbe been waiting 2 long years for my BB contract to run out and now I have 2 months left and would love to win an iphone from TiPb. I love the information you provide especially the how to articles and videos.
I am saving my pennies...lol but it would not hurt my feelings if you choose me for the new Verizon iphone.
You will have a lifetime loyal poster here and willl bring as many new people as I can find to the party here so choose me already!
Thank you TiPb
- 01-14-2011, 06:29 PM #1093
- 01-14-2011, 06:39 PM #1094
Don't think I'll win but I'll Give This A Try!
Been following your website for years. I love your website because you all have and provide the latest/best information for not just iPhone but multiple Apple products. You all are most def on that official status!!! I was someone whom didn't even care about apple devices BUT because of YOU GUYS I now want to obtain the iPhone. Thanks so much for your hardwork and dedication. We ALL appreciate it! Sidenote: This is coming from a crackberry addict (lol).
- 01-14-2011, 06:45 PM #1095iPhone Newbie
- 22 Posts
TiPb is ontzagwekkend, génial, impressionante, do I need to add more languages, they are just AWESOME! If I win I will be taunting (nicest way possible) the iPhone in my family's face as they are stuck with their Droids for another year until they can upgrade to the iPhone! They were too impatient and I would love to show them what they could have had if they would have stuck it out.
- 01-14-2011, 06:50 PM #1096
- 01-14-2011, 06:55 PM #1097iPhone Nanite
- 3 Posts
Verizon Iphone giveaway
I'm a nube to this sort of thing so forgive me if I sound out of touch. I have been anticipating the idea of owning an Iphone and just happened to find this site. Throughout my quest I have discovered several iphone websites but they failed to provide the type of content disclosed herein. It's like a Walmart for Iphone, tech, apps, info and accessories.
- 01-14-2011, 07:08 PM #1098iPhone Newbie
- 10 Posts
Would Love the Verizon iPhone
I love TiPB because your coverage is fantastic and timely. By having separate podcasts for the iPhone and the iPad, your coverage is more in depth and current than any other podcasts. And I love hanging out in the chat room when you're taping the podcasts. Georgia and Rene always are on top of the issues and explain the tech well without making it oversimplified or condescending. You make tech fun. I laugh while I learn. What more could you ask for?
- 01-14-2011, 08:33 PM #1099
I love TiPB for a lot of reasons. I love how rumors about Apple products are put out with perspective and common sense attached. The historical trend data for things like release dates is awesome, and I come here before I go to the Apple help forums. My favorite thing about the site is actually a very minor, oft-ignored feature but one I appreciate. I read the post about greenpoison jailbreak when it came out and thought "Man, I need to get this." And looking closer, there was the link right there! I know people take it for granted that the link is there but it's a feature that takes this blog from informative to functional and polished. Thanks TiPB, and keep up the awesome!!
- 01-14-2011, 09:15 PM #1100
iPhone rockin the air waves
Looking forward to getting my iPhone. Just wandering if it should be a 4.0 or 5.0... Only time will tell. But if you give me the $500 I'll go right now with the current version.