Official I'm switching to Verizon iPhone thread!

dustinae

Jun 10, 2010
www.dustinae.com
On verizon

I had to switch from my iphone to verizon because of work. So far (4 months) i have gone through about 4 android devices. I have settled on the droid pro. while this phone works 50% of the time (which is great compared to other android phones) i weep daily over not having my iphone. yes, weep.
I hope you guys have a contest to get one because i cannot afford another phone. Please Georgia, you are my only hope.

simplylaurakb

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
If I possibly can, I will! I'm under contract with Verizon on a (REALLY lousy) dumb phone, as is my husband. We would both love to get iPhones, especially me. I'm just hoping that Verizon will let us upgrade early. It seems like it would be in their best interest to do so, since right now we don't have data plans. But I'm probably being too optimistic...sigh...

Cdat88

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Okay, this is what I have been waiting for!

Finally, the Verizon iPhone is on the horizon! I have been dealing with MetroPCS fro a year because I refuse to give AT&T another dime for the hideous service they provide. While Metro is okay...well, the data speeds feel like dial-up. So yes, I am officially switching to Verizon! Long live the VeriPhone! I embrace my new carrier overlords!

Phew, I feel better. Not too over the top, I hope.

Last edited:

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I like the iPhone, but I don't think I can ever downsize to a smaller screen. I have room for the keyboard and more content at the same time. While the large screen may be too big for those with small hands, its the perfect size for me.

but I find it funny. iPhone users don't want a larger screen, but they don't want a smaller screen on the iPad. They don't want bulk on the iPhone, but they want bulk on the ipad.

cms365

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Verizon Customer

I have always been on Verizon, and finally I will be upgrading from my storm 2 to an iPhone. To think I almost settled for a Android phone!

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I have always been on Verizon, and finally I will be upgrading from my storm 2 to an iPhone. To think I almost settled for a Android phone!

To be honest android is not bad. Yes, there are some gripes I have, but you'll find that with any tech product. I didn't get an iPhone because of the plans the the over priced deposit fee. Glad I didn't. I lover my EVO, but I will be watching the keynote tommorow. If it is a verizon iPhone and if it would be worth switching over, then I'll switch.

bickb8

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I may switch, just not right away. I am hoping many people leave At&t to free up some bandwidth to make my service better. If I don't see an improvement, then I will give Verizon a shot. I didn't get an iPhone 4 just in case it came to Verizon. Only a little time left on my contract so, I have some time left to decide.

thunderkeys

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I'll be switching (back) to Verizon when it's available. It's not so much data speed that's terrible for me, as it is reliable voice service.

j7469

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
I'm personally staying with AT&T until the iPhone 5 comes out. If the iPhone 5 (or whatever they end up calling it) comes out on Verizon the same day as it does for AT&T, then I'll probably switch just to get on a family share plan with my wife. She can NOT get coverage with AT&T at work so it's not an option for her.

I already own an iPhone 4 so for me it would be getting the same phone I have now, which I would have to pay a lot to cancel, and 3on a slower network (for now w/o LTE). So I'm not switching yet but will someday.

Oh, if Verizon does something stupid like taking in trades and paying the ETF (or at least a good portion) then maybe I will switch right away, but I'm not holding my breath.

bilbothejust

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
I left AT&T and sold my iPhone to go Verizon two months ago...just waiting for the VZW iPhone. I was dropping 50% of my calls on AT&T. The Droid Incredible I have now has NEVER dropped a call and I don't believe (READ: hope) it is not because of the iPhone. VZW + iPhone FTW!

ddnichols7

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Gordonw, when surfing on my vow blackberry storm the phone call will come through. I myself have been waiting for the day for vzw to offer the iPhone. Like since 2007. I'll be making the switch from the bb storm 2 to the iPhone, no matter if it's the 4 or 5 or 1. Just love the apple products and so use to using the iPad and iMac and the MacBook pro. My buddy at vzw store said the new phones they are coming out with on the droid network are bad a$$. Them being on the 4g and all. Oh well like I said before I've been waiting forever for one. And if it is just a little better than my crack berry I'm satisfied.

BryanTheRed

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I won't be switching. Don't have any issues with AT&T. It will be interesting to see how many Verizon customers will be switching from their Android phones. For those on Verizon, we all hear the hype about surf and talk at the same time, but my question is when you happen to be online with your current smartphone, when a call comes in does the call cut through, busy signal, or voicemail?

The call come through and you go right back to doing what you were. There is a little green bar at the top that you can tap and go back into the phone functions if you wish.

slide

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I left AT&T and sold my iPhone to go Verizon two months ago...just waiting for the VZW iPhone. I was dropping 50% of my calls on AT&T. The Droid Incredible I have now has NEVER dropped a call and I don't believe (READ: hope) it is not because of the iPhone. VZW + iPhone FTW!

Curious. What do you see the iPhone 4 getting you over the Incredible?

hiltitech

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Can't Wait!!!!!!! BYE DROID you wont be missed!

I am on Verizon and geting rid of my HTC droid Incredible. I have been following the Verizon Iphone rumors for over a year now. Am so glad it seems to finally be arriving. Now everything will just work with my macbook like it should. YEAH!!!!!! TIPB is my new favirote site. I check it like every hr or so just to see whats going on. :):):)

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I'll also be getting the iPhone when my NE2 is up at the end of April. Good-bye, unreliable, crappy BlackBerry! Hello sweet iPhone happiness!

cjdaniel

Nov 19, 2003
Visit site
Looking forward to Verizon. ATT was a horrible short lived experience.
Was over my monthly minutes each month, just in dropped calls.

rknowlt

Feb 27, 2009
Visit site
...my question is when you happen to be online with your current smartphone, when a call comes in does the call cut through, busy signal, or voicemail?

It cuts through. It's not like dial up AOL. Although that would be hilarious if it was like that. All the new iPhone owners on verizon would be unreachable for the first week while they nerd out on safari haha

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73