Official I'm switching to Verizon iPhone thread!

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
I played with an Incredible and liked it. What do you expect to get from the iPhone that the HTC lacks?

There is one thing that I have on my iPhone which I'd never wish to give up and that's the retina display. I read a LOT on my phone which is why I say that, but for most, it seems to me that the various droid phones work darned well.

Yeah, the retina display is amazing. It's not just the resolution, it's also the fact that it's an IPS panel with amazing viewing angles and surprisingly accurate colors.

I'm stuck with my Samsung Fascinate until the Verizon Iphone comes out, and while the super AMOLED is cool, it's just not nearly as sharp.

MiXoLoGiSt

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Currently on Verizon and have been for years. I will be retiring my HTC Droid Incredible and pre-ordering the iPhone 4 on Feb 3rd.

As much as Android owners think their phones are superior to the iPhone, They truly are not. I am a former Super Moderator of 3 diff android forums so i do know tons about them and honestly i can say NO android device can compare to the iPhone.

jscholz22

Jul 18, 2008
Visit site
It's funny how NOW android users are admitting that the iPhone is superior. I think in less than a month we will see the majorities true colors. Welcome to iPhone! No turning back now.

jeans94621

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
I have a friend who at all times put down the iphone. He has one of the droids that Verizon offers. Now he is willing to pay out his contract and start a new account even if it means he loses his phone number to get a Verizon iphone. I think now we will start to see which os is the best or most wanted.

slide

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Well, to be fair, I've played with both HTC Incredible and some high end Win 7 phone. While I thought both were nice devices, at no time did I ever consider that I'd prefer either over my iPhone 4. They are competitive with the iPhone 3gs and below, though.

pman219

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
It's funny how NOW android users are admitting that the iPhone is superior. I think in less than a month we will see the majorities true colors. Welcome to iPhone! No turning back now.

I could not agree more. I've always wondered how many who claim to "never want an iphone" will now be switching over.

I have had every possible phone on the verizon network as of late. All the upper end droids and blackberries. I will be pre-ordering my iphone feb 3rd as well and have no plans of looking back.

slide

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
You read the reviews and you'll see that the pros often rate this or that Droid over the iPhone. The key that the iPhone has over all others is that it's DESIRABLE. It's not a feature to feature compare. The Apple product line is the line folks lust after.

slide

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
windows7key de/windows-7-key/windows-7-32-bit-x86-key]Windows 7 X86 Key and windows7key de/windows-7-key/windows-7-64-bit-x64-key]Windows 7 64 Bit is an upgrade compared to XP.

CJBullitt

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I played with an Incredible and liked it. What do you expect to get from the iPhone that the HTC lacks?

There is one thing that I have on my iPhone which I'd never wish to give up and that's the retina display. I read a LOT on my phone which is why I say that, but for most, it seems to me that the various droid phones work darned well.
Oh don't get me wrong I like my incredible for the most part. Batteries on these things suck but other than that i really do like the phone. A iPhone for me is more of a complete cycle thing. I use all apple products so this would complete my circle and make everything compatible.

CJBullitt

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Oh don't get it twisted, I have been using apple products since my first one in 83 the Apple IIe. I had Cingular when the iPhone came out but knew I was leaving AT&T for their crappy service in my area not to mention their poor CS. I went to droid well because crackberries just don't do it for me and there was nothing else.

titansjonne#WN

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Oh don't get me wrong I like my incredible for the most part. Batteries on these things suck but other than that i really do like the phone. A iPhone for me is more of a complete cycle thing. I use all apple products so this would complete my circle and make everything compatible.

Same here. I have an ipod, mac, and will be getting an apple TV. having a phone that syncs with my computer easily instead of my having to drag stuff on the sd card is great. And for the record. I love android OS. It's fast and can do it all, but i love the iphones form factor and simplicity. I had an blackberry, too simple. Not enough power or features. Android is imo the most powerful, most open os ever. But there's so much extra that i don't need. iOS has it all. Power with simplicity. I used to put iphones down because they always boast themselves on already released features, But where they are right now, is good enough for me. It better be since i have to pay 700 bucks for the damn thing. Anyone have a guess on how much it would cost to pre order it?

shipwrestler125

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Same here. I have an ipod, mac, and will be getting an apple TV. having a phone that syncs with my computer easily instead of my having to drag stuff on the sd card is great. And for the record. I love android OS. It's fast and can do it all, but i love the iphones form factor and simplicity. I had an blackberry, too simple. Not enough power or features. Android is imo the most powerful, most open os ever. But there's so much extra that i don't need. iOS has it all. Power with simplicity. I used to put iphones down because they always boast themselves on already released features, But where they are right now, is good enough for me. It better be since i have to pay 700 bucks for the damn thing. Anyone have a guess on how much it would cost to pre order it?

$599/$699 same as at&t since apple decides the prices they wont change

MiXoLoGiSt

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

I'm one of the few who even as an Android owner have defended the iPhone. Truth is i wanted an iPhone and only went with Android because it was the closest thing to the iPhone without having to go to AT&T. I got really into Android for a while and eventually ended up being a Moderator on 3 Android sites but still said if the iPhone ever came to Verizon i would be quick to leave Android. I have played with my brothers iPhone tons and it is just a more enjoyable phone for me than any Android phone. A lot of Android users will talk crap but they really know that Android phones cant compare to the iPhone just yet. It might in the future but i don't see that happening anytime in the NEAR future, especially with the iPhone coming to Verizon now. iPhone will start dominating the market even more now. Android sales will go down probably 10% or more.

sienna337

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Switching phones

I am so hoping to win the new iphone. I have the verizon LG which constaly shuts down on me. My husband has the same phone and his has been shutting down since we got the phone. I will be so happy to get rid of these phones.

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm an android user and the iphone is still a great phone, but there are many things that need to be addressed, mostly software wise. Better notification system, widgets, larger screen.

both platforms have their good and bad sides. Neirther of them are perfect.

carpathia16

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
All in Good Time, My Pretty...

I have an unlocked iPhone 3GS on AT&T that's contract-free (I moved from England last summer where unlocked phones are more common than warm beer) so I could easily switch to the iPhone 4 in February. But I will gladly wait until June to see:

1) What the iPhone 5 offers (my sincere wish is 64gb but not likely)
2) What the introduction of the iPhone does to Verizon's "reliable" network
3) What voice, data and texting packages are being offered

Right now I have a grandfathered unlimited data plan on AT&T with 1000 anytime minutes for $39.95. The only times my calls drop is when I'm driving into a valley near my home and I doubt anyone could give me coverage there.

I'm more than willing to wait and see which carrier seems more appealing to me in June.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2