Battery Percentage Indicator Issue

trtmazda3

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I have a 16 gig non-jailbroken iPhone 4, purchased on September 24th. I have the battery indicator percentage turned on, due to the fact that it gives me a slightly more accurate knowing of how much battery I have left.

However, since pretty much day one (but more so since 4.2.1), I have a peculiar issue with my battery indicator. Doing a restore and backup hasn't helped. I charge my phone pretty much every night due to my heavy use of it during the day, and I unplug it and go about my day in the mornings. Well, EVERY day now, after about a half-hour after being unplugged and pretty much totally on stand-by (I don't use the phone until evenings most of the time), my battery indicator will switch to 99%. I know good and well that it's not on 99%, so I turn it off and back on. Then, I'm back at 100% like I know I should be.

After being turned off and back on that one time, the indicator works as it should. This has become an every day occurrence.

A less-frequent problem is that it will switch from full charge to 99% and charging while still plugged in. I turn it off and back on then, and it's once again back up to 100%. I've also had it say 100% when plugged in and then switch immediately to 99% once unplugged. These issues happen like once a month at the absolute most, unlike the other issue which is every day.

Is it just me, or is this a problem that's been noticed on other phones? Like I said, doing a restore didn't help. It's a relatively small problem that doesn't eclipse the phone's usefulness and fun factor, but it is a curiosity.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
Uh. I think your splitting hairs. This is something I wouldn't bother with. I would just enjoy the phone and forget about the 99% anomaly. But that is just me.

trtmazda3

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I mean, I have. I just turn it off and back on and go about my day.

I'm just curious if anyone else has had it happen.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
It happens to me. I leave it plugged in overnight and when I wake up, it shows 100% and still charging. I unplug it and it charges and then goes to full charge in a few minutes. Odd. Been an issue for me on the 3Gs and now the iPhone for since 3.0 or whichever was the first version that supported the indicator.

FunkyDog

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I have a feeling it has something to do with the actual charge in your battery stablising itself. I wouldn't worry about it too much. Do you do constant charging? Do you do a full cycle charge from zero for around 3.5 to 4.5 hours often or never at all?

trtmazda3

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
About once a month is when I do a full cycle charge. Otherwise, I just plug it in when I go to sleep and unplug it when I get out of bed the next morning. Usually every night.