can't get custom ringtones to show on 3G

metropical

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
After updating my 3G, I have my old set of ringtones that show up in iTunes on the phone when the iPhone is attached to the Mac and I can play them there.
But I can't change any of my contacts custom ringtone to anything but 1 of the 6 that exist.
They are all .m4r.
If I try to "sync" the ringtones, I get a warning about deleting all other media on the phone.
Don't really want to go thru putting media back on it.
Is there a way around this?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Are you using the same account you were using before the update on the iPhone? Are other things able to move from iTunes to iPhone (IE: Apps?). Sounds like a account conflict if it's telling you it's going to erase anything, because that is the typical response for a device that is not associated with an account and has to be setup to use said accounts DL's and purchased items.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
But I can't change any of my contacts custom ringtone to anything but 1 of the 6 that exist.

Are you talking about SMS tones or ringtones? There should be more than 6 ringtones. If you used to be jailbroken and recently updated, you can't have custom SMS on a 3G without jailbreaking again.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Delete ringtones off of iTunes but keep backup files...resync them fresh into iTunes and try. That would be my only suggestion at this point.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73