Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Newbie

Default Screen Protectors...

I have an iPhone 4 and I recently bought an incase slider case and a Zagg screen protector. As you probably know, I have bubbles along the left side where the case is pulling up the edges. Is there a different or perhaps better screen protector that I could buy and would work with the slider case. Or I was thinking of going to the apple store and buying another one there and having them install it....

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

iMore Elite

Global Posts
    3,255 Global Posts
    iOS Version

The way the slider case works and fits I don't think any protector will work that great with it. Best to get a different case. SGP Neo Hybrid is my favorite right now.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    7,974 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

Quote Originally Posted by sting7k View Post
    The way the slider case works and fits I don't think any protector will work that great with it. Best to get a different case. SGP Neo Hybrid is my favorite right now.
    Ditto...because of the nature of the slider case, and the fact that the protectors are simply weak adhesive to prevent glue or damage to screen, you'll most likely experience the same issues with any combo of slider/protector.

One has to ask though, why are you removing the case often enough to mess up the protector? Before selling my iP4, i think i took it out of the case once to change to another case...i doubt you'd have much issue with any screen protector if you'd just leave the slider case alone and not try to remove it at all.
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,138 Global Posts
    iOS Version

To use some accessories (docks, etc.) it might be required to remove the case. If that is why the OP is removing the case, I would look at other cases that either didn't slide against the screen so much or had a screen protector built in (eg. the Otterbox Defender). I don't think the Apple store puts screen protectors on (or even sells them any longer). I thought I read about them doing away with those kinds of things because the front glass was supposedly scratch resistant, but I could be wrong.
    --
    applejosh
    Present: iPhone5 32GB AT&T, iPad "3" 32GB Verizon, early 2011 MBP
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    2,461 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I use an InCase Snap and it doesn't get in the way of my Zagg screen protector. Don't get the CLEAR Snap though, those are flimsy, the smoke one is awesome though
    Twitter: @codemonkeycodes / website: www.codemonkeycodes.com & www.jeremyandbrooke.com
    Married 9/4/11
    iPhone 5 32GB : ~= 5/10/10 RIP Dad, Forever in our hearts =~
    iMore Newbie

bestskinsever.com sells skins like Zagg's, and they have one that is cut just a little smaller than standard for use with bumpers. That would probably help you.
    Thanked by:
    CarrieC (01-07-2011)
    iPhone Pro

Quote Originally Posted by CarrieC View Post
    Or I was thinking of going to the apple store and buying another one there and having them install it....

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Apple won't install a screen protector for you, they despise them, as they feel and are right there is no need...'

As for my, Power Support Crystal in my iP4, Zagg on my iPad!
    MacBook 6,1 Late 09 Model
    iPhone 4 16GB JB'd
    iPad 16 GB 3G+WiFi
    Follow me on Twitter @CFFlack
    Tip my scale if I helped ya or was just being a good dude as usual.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    13,096 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Best Buy sells a screen protector(I think a different cutted Zagg) that will work with the Incase Slider. Just ask the mobile reps and they will know. The screen protector is cut just a bit smaller to work with slider cases.
    iPhone Newbie

I gave up on screen protectors on my 2nd iPhone.
    I found they are a waste of time, money, effort and cause the screen to look bad.
    I'm on my 4th iPhone and have never scratched or cracked a screen.
    I've had a 2G, 3G, 3GS and now a 4.
    With a minimum of care, I've found they are tough little buggers has long as you don't get them wet or drop them.
    Virgin screens look awesome and even car keys next to them in pockets don't scratch them.
    iMore Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeexpress View Post
    I gave up on screen protectors on my 2nd iPhone.
    I found they are a waste of time, money, effort and cause the screen to look bad.
    I'm on my 4th iPhone and have never scratched or cracked a screen.
    I've had a 2G, 3G, 3GS and now a 4.
    With a minimum of care, I've found they are tough little buggers has long as you don't get them wet or drop them.
    Virgin screens look awesome and even car keys next to them in pockets don't scratch them.
    +1 i gave up on the screen protectors long time ago. Blurry Dim bubbly screens no more.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    158 Global Posts

Agreed! Lose the protector.
    iPhone Newbie

I have same problem with my iPhone 4, there appear some bubbles after pasting a screen shield. It even become invisible, i just change that shield and it works fine. It were moistures causing that bubbles and air comes in it.
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    3,446 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Root 4.4.2

When i bought my iPhone4 in December, i also got the "heavy duty" screen protector sold at my AT&T store. The clerk said that it had to be applied with alcohol, and the few bubbles that i would see will disappear within 3 or 4 days. Anyway, after seeing how good it looked on his iPhone4, i talked him into putting on mine. It took 5 days, but the few bubbles that were on the phone completely went away, and the screen, plus the back of the phone are smoothe as glass. Sorry, but i don't remember the name of the screen protector. It only came as "one in a pack", but it had two pieces, for the front and the back.
    Give yourself, to the Dark Side!
  14. Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  
    iPhone Newbie

thanks everyone for all the usefull info...