other ways to backup data????

Jimbos Jumbos

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
It seems I have a corrupt backup of my iphone data. My iphone will not sync music. It syncs everything else, but music takes way too long (about 1 min per song, and it usually locks up after an hour)

I am about to delete my backup file, wipe the iphone, and start fresh. Since I use google for contacts and mail, that will restore without issue.

I am looking for a way to save my phone logs. My recent callls and saved voicemails.

Anyone have a way to do this.

iquinn

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
It seems I have a corrupt backup of my iphone data. My iphone will not sync music. It syncs everything else, but music takes way too long (about 1 min per song, and it usually locks up after an hour)

I am about to delete my backup file, wipe the iphone, and start fresh. Since I use google for contacts and mail, that will restore without issue.

I am looking for a way to save my phone logs. My recent callls and saved voicemails.

Anyone have a way to do this.

As far as I know there is no way to save your call logs and VM's if you delete the backup file.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
I'm not completely sure but I think voicemails are not actually saved on the phone they are on the AT&T server. they should still be there when you reactivate the phone....I think, but your phone logs will be lost

Jimbos Jumbos

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm not completely sure but I think voicemails are not actually saved on the phone they are on the AT&T server. they should still be there when you reactivate the phone....I think, but your phone logs will be lost

you are correct. I had to wipe my phone, delete the backup, and start fresh.

After wasting 4 days on this mess, I have learned a few lessons.
With more and more people getting iphones, I think we will see more people getting corrupt files or a virus. I am trying to get as much of my data on free cloud services.

Not sure how it happened to me, but my phone would not sync music. It synced everything else fine. I tried everything from reinstalled itunes, restoring the phone, reinstalling the os, I even installed a new clean install of windows on and extra HD, then only installed itunes and 100 songs. I still couldnt sync music. I ended up restoring the phone as a new device, That solved the music sync issue, but I lost phone logs and text messages

All my mail, contacts and calendars are through exchange servers (google and work), so I didnt lose any of that.

I loaded Evernote and started using that to save all note files.

I am still looking for a program that will allow me to backup phone logs and texts.

PwnCakes193

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
If you want to use the built in notes app, set up a gmail account on your phone and only check off the "Notes"' section under what you want to sync. Seems to be a good idea since you use google for backing up your contacts and calendars