help error

donneboy

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
ok so ive done everything i have seen on youtube and everything they told me to do google searched ive tryed to connect my iphone to my computer and I keep getting 2 different messages one of them is a error (OXE8000065) and the 2nd says "Itunes cant connect to Iphone because as invalid response was recived from the device".. So through all of the research that I did I Connected my phone to a different computar I have windows and so I synced it to a Mac and it synced only my picture and thats it! So im to the point that im going to have to Reset everything back to the orignal settings and so im hoping that someone can help me so if you have any other ideas or know how to fix this please help!!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Looks like you had a bad restore when your buddy tried to JB it...did he do a proper backup before attempting the jailbreak?

Also, unlocked doesnt mean physically unlocking the phone to use, it is in reference to being locked/unlocked to a carrier (AT&T)...

donneboy

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
IDK i know he did his 3GS and the 4G he has now! i do recall something happening to it like it not wanting to turn on or somthing like that and he said that its happend to his before and he got it back on not sure if that helps! and if its locked by AT&T what do I need to to? Just restore everything? If so is there a way to save anything?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
If you have not done a backup and you are not able to get it to sync then you're prob out of luck, you CAN save the stuff from your iPhone to you computer, but not in a "backup" format, you will still have to manually add the stuff again.

As far as what to do if its locked with AT&T...there's really no difference in procedure, but if you're trying to use it on another network, and it has been basically "wiped" by a bad restore, you'll have to unlock the phone again when you can get it to properly sync.

Based on your responses, i would say your best bet is to just restore as new and TRY to use the back up that is on there...if that fails, then just restore as new and manually add things again.

Reactions: donneboy

donneboy

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Cool.. Ill well that is what I was worried about! Thanks man..
Let me ask you this I was going to JB my phone any good ones to use? I was going to do Jailbreakme.com or something like that and i got all of the extra stuff downloaded and saved to my desktop. Never done it before so I really dont know were to begin..

iquinn

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
Cool.. Ill well that is what I was worried about! Thanks man..
Let me ask you this I was going to JB my phone any good ones to use? I was going to do Jailbreakme.com or something like that and i got all of the extra stuff downloaded and saved to my desktop. Never done it before so I really dont know were to begin..

Why do you want to JB anyway? IMHO unless you have a real need for a specific feature that is not native to the iPhone then I would not even mess with a JB at all.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
If you are using 4.2.1 your only option right now is redsn0w tethered JB...which i honestly don't think is a good idea for someone (like yourself) that has little experience with this kind of thing (as the tethered jailbreaks can be problematic if the phone is turned off or reset).

jailbreakme.com will not work unless you're using the first iOS 4 firmware...which i doubt.

Don't mess with a jailbreak until you have a working iPhone first...you gotta walk before you can run.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro