What type of smartphone would this person use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sussexmariner

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Clearly you guys have no respect and think its cute to be making fun of someones weight.

This person is going to collapse and die quite soon because he /she is morbidly obese.

If poking fun at someone who is so fat that he will die might get him to sort his/her life out then I'm all for it!!

Cruel to be kind ChrisGonzales, Cruel to be kind!!

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Waaahhhhhhh!

Your probably the person in the pic lol

I'm 5'11 and I wear a size small in everything I own.

Why is it that immature people think you have to look like someone to sympathize with them?

I'm really disappointed in some of you people. Maybe you guys should have a new years resolution to be less rude.

"This person is going to collapse and die quite soon because he /she is morbidly obese.

If poking fun at someone who is so fat that he will die might get him to sort his/her life out then I'm all for it!!

Cruel to be kind ChrisGonzales, Cruel to be kind!!"

First of all, you're not even saying it to the person, so how would they know? Secondly, that doesn't help anyone. Making fun of someone who is fat does not help them lose weight, it just hurts their feelings. You can hide your sixth toe or your birth mark or whatever your insecurities are, they can't hide theirs and it doesn't help them for you to point it out. They KNOW.

Last edited:

iquinn

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
I'm 5'11 and I wear a size small in everything I own.

Why is it that immature people think you have to look like someone to sympathize with them?

I'm really disappointed in some of you people. Maybe you guys should have a new years resolution to be less rude.

"This person is going to collapse and die quite soon because he /she is morbidly obese.

Cruel to be kind ChrisGonzales, Cruel to be kind!!"

First of all, you're not even saying it to the person, so how would they know? Secondly, that doesn't help anyone. Making fun of someone who is fat does not help them lose weight, it just hurts their feelings. You can hide your sixth toe or your birth mark or whatever your insecurities are, they can't hide theirs and it doesn't help them for you to point it out. They KNOW.

IMHO this thread started out kinda funny, I don't think that the OP was intending to really insult the person in the photo. That said I can see your point and I think that this thread has run it's course and can now be closed.

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
It wasn't even funny to start off with. Yes, I contributed with the People of walmart link, but I was not targeting a specific individual and frankly you would find those people everywhere.

What if you were in his shoes. Would you like someone top judge what kind of phone you use based on how much you weigh? Looks and age have nothing to do with what kind of phone you use.

I know age isn't something to be considered here, but I do wonder how old you are all, to think this sort of thing is funny.

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I recall you posting that picture of how smartphone users look, see themselves, and see others. I've seen it before, but I recall having a good laugh.

You are right.

That was merly a joke and did not target one individual. The picture I posted was a stereotype and does not really reflect how the actual users are. (as an Android user I don't consider iPhone users to be "babies". They are just simple iPhone users) Making fun of someones looks just shows how much low self esteem you have.

and JasonG, you admitted you are large. So its safe to say you use a larger phone so your larger fingers can fit it? Do you drive a bigger car so you can fit in it easy?

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I recall you posting that picture of how smartphone users look, see themselves, and see others. I've seen it before, but I recall having a good laugh.

That's a satirical cartoon that makes fun of the way smartphone users see each other. It's quite different from posting a photo of someone and saying "Look! he/she/it is fat and looks poor! it must be so stoopid it uses a blackberry. derp!"...

Reactions: ChrisGonzales90

JasonG

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
You are right.

and JasonG, you admitted you are large. So its safe to say you use a larger phone so your larger fingers can fit it? Do you drive a bigger car so you can fit in it easy?

whilei admit that im larger, im not that large so its hard to say that in comparison. i am 5'8 and 250lbs. larger than what i should be, but not quite that large to where i would need say a bigger vehicle. i drive a s10 actually and have an iphone 4. im not fat enough to need a larger vehicle, because i dont allow myself to be. and note that i said large, not obese lol.

and it is perfectly fine to say that someone larger like that would need/have a bigger phone or car. think about it, they have larger hands so they would want a larger phone to better fit it. and the car thing is pretty obvious.

i realize that obesity is a problem. a legitimate problem comparible to alcoholics and drug addicts. but i dont feel sorry for them either, unless they are actively searching for help. you control what you want your life to be for the most part. more than likely, they guy, or girl (i have no idea what gender it is, and im not trying to be funny with that, at the moment) probably let themselves get that fat, and i highly doubt they are doing anything to try to change it.

iquinn

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
It wasn't even funny to start off with. Yes, I contributed with the People of walmart link, but I was not targeting a specific individual and frankly you would find those people everywhere.

What if you were in his shoes. Would you like someone top judge what kind of phone you use based on how much you weigh? Looks and age have nothing to do with what kind of phone you use.

I know age isn't something to be considered here, but I do wonder how old you are all, to think this sort of thing is funny.

I don't think you can post a link to pople of walmart and then take the high road. If this thread was that offensive to you then you should not have posted that link in the thread.

Reactions: BrindawithanI

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I don't think you can post a link to pople of walmart and then take the high road. If this thread was that offensive to you then you should not have posted that link in the thread.

clearly you did not fully read what I wrote. I could care less what you think. The main point is, its not cool to be making fun of someone. I understand you may be young and think its funny to do that stuff, but in a few years as you mature you will see its not funny, or better yet, YOU or someone you love will face the same situation.

whilei admit that im larger, im not that large so its hard to say that in comparison. i am 5'8 and 250lbs. larger than what i should be, but not quite that large to where i would need say a bigger vehicle. i drive a s10 actually and have an iphone 4. im not fat enough to need a larger vehicle, because i dont allow myself to be. and note that i said large, not obese lol.

and it is perfectly fine to say that someone larger like that would need/have a bigger phone or car. think about it, they have larger hands so they would want a larger phone to better fit it. and the car thing is pretty obvious.

i realize that obesity is a problem. a legitimate problem comparible to alcoholics and drug addicts. but i dont feel sorry for them either, unless they are actively searching for help. you control what you want your life to be for the most part. more than likely, they guy, or girl (i have no idea what gender it is, and im not trying to be funny with that, at the moment) probably let themselves get that fat, and i highly doubt they are doing anything to try to change it.

Well thank you for opening up and explaining a bit better.Nine years ago, when I was 12, I went to this summer camp and they took us on this outing to the city pool. Now this pool was real nice. outside besides the normal pool they had a slide, they had bunch of water gizmos and all of that was designed like a beach. The ground actully went down at an angle. (The outdoor pool was called Otter Beach)

Anyway, I remember seeing this one lady. She had to have been at least 400+ and one of my peers made fun of her, and man did she cry. It was sad because while I don't know if she made an effort to loose weight, she was 400+ at that moment. She was just enjoying the nice, warm sunny weather only to be made fun of by a 11 year old.

Your right, it is a problem. What I don't like is those who blame others for their issues. They get all sue happy because, obvlousy they held a gun to their head and told them to eat that big mac.

iquinn

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
clearly you did not fully read what I wrote. I could care less what you think. The main point is, its not cool to be making fun of someone. I understand you may be young and think its funny to do that stuff, but in a few years as you mature you will see its not funny, or better yet, YOU or someone you love will face the same situation.

You are such an idiot. For the record I am 32, so maybe when you grow up you will understand that people like you are what we refer to as a hypocrite. Like I said I thought the post was kind of funny at first but after hearing the intelligent arguments made by Jellotime I can see where it could also be mean and cruel. Oh and no one single person on TiPb cares at all what you think about anything.

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
You are such an idiot. For the record I am 32, so maybe when you grow up you will understand that people like you are what we refer to as a hypocrite. Like I said I thought the post was kind of funny at first but after hearing the intelligent arguments made by Jellotime I can see where it could also be mean and cruel. Oh and no one single person on TiPb cares at all what you think about anything.

LOL. I never said they did now did I?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I bet some of you guys are a real hoot at a party...lol. It's a pity that a few of you are so up tight and take internet life so seriously that you get truly bent out of shape over a silly thread...go get a drink or a hug or something, no one needs the lecture from a couple of forum heros.

Reactions: iquinn and JasonG

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
What I love is how many people grow balls on the web. They mouth off and get bravado to people they wouldn't in real life. I say this because the message gets polluted when you talk about making fun of others and then you start bringing up put downs and remarks to the people you're talking to, like hinting at their age meaning they are juvenille. I think alot of people read into the question and you may have read what you wanted to read and not what was meant. When I read the question I myself didn't feel any hatred or poking fun of the person in the picture. I don't hold anything against anyone unless they are mean spirited and oozing negativity.

Reactions: iquinn
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro