White screen of Death?

NVMY03ION

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Got a friend with a 3GS who is now booting up to a white screen. He said he has performed a Restore and still the same thing. He was at OS 4.2.1 if it helps at all. Hes rebooted and attempted Restores.

Any other ideas?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Take it to the Apple store...even out of warranty they are well known for replacing the iPhone's if the issue isnt something the customer caused (water damage, 3rd party screen repair, etc)...if the phone is fine and it just randomly started doing this, i don't see any reason why the apple store wouldn't help as much as they could...

NVMY03ION

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Take it to the Apple store...even out of warranty they are well known for replacing the iPhone's if the issue isnt something the customer caused (water damage, 3rd party screen repair, etc)...if the phone is fine and it just randomly started doing this, i don't see any reason why the apple store wouldn't help as much as they could...

Thats the next option - Apple store is a good drive for him thats why I posted here first to see if there was home remedies.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
He's already gone through all the things we'd suggest here...since it was not a jailbreak incident, i'd say something fouled up that would prob require the phone to be replaced (if it wasnt damaged before hand by water or whatever, that is).

andrewp23

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
i had this problem took it to apple and they told me that it was water damage and had to end up paying ?100 for a replacement i hope they do not do the same to you gd luck :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro