Letter from AT&T: You use more than 2GB of data!

gern blanston

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I got a letter from AT&T yesterday stating that they've noticed that I use more than 2gb of data per month which puts me outside of 98% of their customers typical data use. The letter gave me a friendly reminder that AT&T has many free wifi hotspots, and, if I wasn't aware of this, that I should turn on wifi in my iphone settings and that the iphone would automatically connect to those free wifi hotspots. I guess that streaming internet radio and podcasts all day puts me into the 2% category. I feel special. :D

I'm glad that I'm grandfathered into the unlimited data plan. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that they've reserved the ability to move me to a 2gb plan at their discretion.

Totalimmortal363

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
We(at&t) wont move your plan unless you become a burden on the network. Using 3-4 GB's a month should not trigger such action. I use WAYYY more than that every month.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I find it funny that they would say you were outside of their typical customer data usage group...because i could almost guarantee that most people with the 2GB data plan and the tethering use more than their alloted amount each month...they know good and well that they make so much on the "additional 1GB of service" fees that it makes the tethering almost free for them to provide...

Basically like a friendly warning that they are monitoring your usage for whatever reason...dicks.

jeans94621

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
About three months ago my home internet went out and I used my phone to tethered with mywi. I hit 23gb but a lot of that was netflix. They also sent me a letter reminding me to switch to wifi. And tell me about their wifi hotspots. I guess for that one month I am on their watch list. But the only thing is they act like I did this all the time. Normally I do about 2g to 3gb a month and that is mainly netflix not tethering I only did it that one month.

BryanTheRed

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
No I'm not but you are rather rude in your responses to people. In case you haven't noticed you piss a lot of people off here. If you have something constructive to add then by all means do but you really need to evaluate how you come across and that is usually like a jackass!

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
No I'm not but you are rather rude in your responses to people. In case you haven't noticed you piss a lot of people off here. If you have something constructive to add then by all means do but you really need to evaluate how you come across and that is usually like a jackass!

I know, but all I'm doing is having a conversation. If you were not offended, you wouldnt have responded. Plus I was talking to "Ghostface"

BryanTheRed

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm just tired of you acting like an Internet tough guy. I wish there were an option to just ignore you so I would have to see your responses all together!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I know, but all I'm doing is having a conversation. If you were not offended, you wouldnt have responded. Plus I was talking to "Ghostface"

Whenever that brain of yours actually fires on at least one cylinder, take a hint and feel free to...

393857493.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711