Letter from AT&T: You use more than 2GB of data!

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Just tell ATT that if they don't like the money you give them every month... there's always someone else willing to take it.

I live by the motto of money talks and bull**** walks.

slalomskie

Jan 29, 2009
Visit site
Just using what my plan calls for. I paid for it if I don't use it then I am wasting my money.
Now if I jail broke and used mywi or tether then that's a different story.

FXC

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
23 gigs... are you using a laptop card? If you say you're just Netflixing, here's a quick calculation:
  • Video over 3G, high quality: 250kbps
  • MB per hour: 100
  • 6 days per week, 24 per month
  • 10 hours (14 hours, with breaks) per day

RESULT: Couch potato, extreme edition 2.0

TampaDude

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
AT&T as a wireless provider is going to hurt once they lose the iPhone, and personally, I can't wait.

AT&T is not going to lose the iPhone. It will be available on other carriers, like Verizon, but it will still be available on AT&T. I'm actually hoping a lot of people go to Verizon, and stop hogging up all my 3G bandwidth. :D

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
AT&T as a wireless provider is going to hurt once they lose the iPhone, and personally, I can't wait.

How do you figure? It wont really effect them because Verizon isnt going to offer some incredibly lower deal on the iPhone, and most people will just stick to their AT&T plans they already have...if anything it might cause AT&T to make a more attractive rate plan for iPhone users who stay at AT&T, and given that is almost an assured happening over the next few years, i think the iPhone going to Verizon is going to actually HELP AT&T, and be good for the customers too!

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
How do you figure? It wont really effect them because Verizon isnt going to offer some incredibly lower deal on the iPhone, and most people will just stick to their AT&T plans they already have...if anything it might cause AT&T to make a more attractive rate plan for iPhone users who stay at AT&T, and given that is almost an assured happening over the next few years, i think the iPhone going to Verizon is going to actually HELP AT&T, and be good for the customers too!

I think AT&T losing exclusivity is a good thing as well, but not for the reasons you mention. AT&T will lose customers. That will lighten the load on the network allowing the customers that stay better speeds and a less burdened network. Verizon will get a large influx of customers initially, and then people will see the network will have similar issues and someone people will stay on Verizon and others on AT&T and things will eventually even out.

GolpherZX

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
All this talk about caps is scary. How many folks (I'm not on a capped network yet...) have been asked what plan do they want?

I know that if I were asked that question, I would ask back to them, how much bandwidth do your applications require? That is the only way that I can gauge what plan I should be on. Someday the app catalogs will say how much bandwidth is used simultaneously. I'm guessing that not many app developers (from experience) know how much bandwidth an application they are writing will use.

There is no way for one to understand how much bandwidth will be required (and total volume) until that is done.

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Nice they sent you the letter.

I dont see me ever switching to a teired plan. I dont want to have to worry about how much data I'm using. I just set it and forget it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner