Refurbished 3gs-Will I have battery problems

rodney0905

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
When I buy a new phone, I normally let it die, then charge it up all the way to "condition" the battery. I don't know if this actually works, I was just told to do it one time and have done it for years. Is this needed for the iPhone? Will there be a problem with the battery since it is refurbished. The phone came directly from ATT.

slide

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I do it and have found my battery life is longer than I understand others' are. If the refurb has a new battery, yeah, you should do it.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I've never had any negative or positive results in doing this to any phone...i think at one time it prob was a useful practice, and i'm not saying it does nothing, but i personally have never found any battery life improvement by doing so.

rodney0905

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I do not know if it will have a new battery or not. I was just interested. I have been using a lot of Android phones lately and have not used an iphone since the 2g, so I am really not too familiar with iOS

slide

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
About three to four days. I'm mostly WiFi, book reading a good deal of Web surfing and a constant app to check stock prices. Normal phone and GPS use too.

rodney0905

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Your getting 3 to 4 days on one charge? I am always amazed when people tell me this because I have never owned a smartphone that i have not had to charge every day, besides a blackberry but still at best I got two days out of that.

slide

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Yep, but remember I'm working with a brand new 4g. Oh, one BIG factor is that since I'm almost always on WiFi. I have 3g turned off.

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Your getting 3 to 4 days on one charge? I am always amazed when people tell me this because I have never owned a smartphone that i have not had to charge every day, besides a blackberry but still at best I got two days out of that.

I easily average 3 days standby and 8 and 1/2 hours of useage per battery charge, thats pretty standard on my iP4!:)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2