how to put android on 3gs?

Slyfi

TiPb Forum Staff
Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
there is some conversation about this in the jailbreak forum try doing a search then talking about it in that section.

entronp

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Why would you want to run android on your iphone anyways? Just curious.

Currently I have a phone is stuck in recovery and cannot be fixed until the baseband can be reverted so I wanted to run Andoid on it in the meanwhile. Also, some people like the freedom Android gives as opposed to the rigidly controlled Os's from Apple.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Currently I have a phone is stuck in recovery and cannot be fixed until the baseband can be reverted so I wanted to run Andoid on it in the meanwhile. Also, some people like the freedom Android gives as opposed to the rigidly controlled Os's from Apple.

Oh god...lol. I'm breaking out the popcorn.
smiley-face-popcorn.gif

So it's stuck in recovery?...what access do you have to the phone then to install android OS?

bikedogrun

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
The same question could be applied to why jailbreak.
Chris - there are many reasons to jailbreak... although admittedly less than before IOS4 was released (with multi-tasking).

For me; being able to use Lockinfo + SBSettings makes my iPhone experience better and richer and removes most if not all of the incentive to use my android phone.

Notifications on android are still better IMHO ...but iPhone has many other capabilities that beat android (for me).

/BD :cool:

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Chris - there are many reasons to jailbreak... although admittedly less than before IOS4 was released (with multi-tasking).

For me; being able to use Lockinfo + SBSettings makes my iPhone experience better and richer and removes most if not all of the incentive to use my android phone.

Notifications on android are still better IMHO ...but iPhone has many other capabilities that beat android (for me).

/BD :cool:

Don't spend too much time or effort arguing with Chris about JB'ing...for one, he doesn't own an iPhone and two, his idea that jailbreaks are simply doorways for malware and cheesy theme additions pretty much eliminates his credibility when it comes to offering opinion on...well...anything really.

Reactions: jdavis530

jdavis530

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Don't spend too much time or effort arguing with Chris about JB'ing...for one, he doesn't own an iPhone and two, his idea that jailbreaks are simply doorways for malware and cheesy theme additions pretty much eliminates his credibility when it comes to offering opinion on...well...anything really.

Well said!

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

Last I recall I said I DID jailbreak once and it was on the iPad. You may not know this so this may come as a shock to you and your buddy jdavis530, but the iPad runs the same exact OS as the iPhone,. It jsut does not have the phone app.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Last I recall I said I DID jailbreak once and it was on the iPad. You may not know this so this may come as a shock to you and your buddy jdavis530, but the iPad runs the same exact OS as the iPhone,. It jsut does not have the phone app.

Shock? Not really, my dead grandmother knows they share the same operating system...but what does your hacked up attempt at a JB have to do with anything? From what you said yourself, it screwed up your iPad to where you had to restore and you never did it again...

The guy started discussing the merits of a JB with you, i was trying to save him some time by warning him of your asinine opinion of jailbreaking combined with your obvious lack of success in attempting to do so.

Gadgetholik

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
The cydia tweak that can enable android 2.2 froyo on the iphone is currently only available for the iphone 3g and not the 3gS,so you won't be able to make the tweak work.Wait for a while and maybe we will see an iphone 3gS version of the tweak.Regards.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh