Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Newbie

Default iPhone 4.2.1 Untethered Jailbreak Available Soon

Today, MuscleNerd unveiled the video of an iOS 4.2 untethered jailbreak that is currently in the works. This is wonderful news for everyone who wisely held off on upgrading their iPhones to 4.2.1.

If you noticed lately how Cydia mysteriously saves off your 4.2b3 SHSH files, well this exploit utilizes those. Patience is indeed a virtue! Check inside for full video displaying the untethered jailbreak running on an iPod Touch 4g.

Of course an untethered jailbreak is superior to a tethered jailbreak because it allows you to freely restart your iPhone with out having to repeat the jailbreak process with each reboot.

Have you held off until an untethered jailbreak was released, or have you already taken the plunge?

From
    iPhone Newbie

iOS Version

coooooooooool
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    940 Global Posts
    iOS Version

This is old news, and most likely would have needed to be posted in the jailbreak section of the forum.
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    764 Global Posts

Wonder why they are not releasing it yet since they are showing it.
    iPhone 4S 32 GB Black
    Carrier: Rogers
    iPhone Newbie

I am not updating my phone until the untethered jailbreak comes out.
    iPhone Newbie

I've been considering jailbreaking my 3GS for the sole purpose of tethering. Bought the phone in October of last year, so I guess warranty-wise it doesn't really matter at this point right? Not totally sold on doing it yet