Ok....I came back..to Iphone 4

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
He paid it to AT&T i guess. Not tmobile.

He left AT&T (paid etf), then came back to at&t activating his old phone on a single account. Though he should check his upgrade status to be sure he's upgrade eligible (trust me..be sure). Type in *new# and press call.

Reactions: gom4381

gom4381

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
Cardfan you have totally gotten everything I have tried to say. Thanks for the tip and I am eligible for the upgrade should I deem the next version of the iPhone worthy of my purchase. This is my first iPhone and I am thoroughly impressed with the customer service that helped me through TWO phone replacements and some more help after the 90 days was up. There is no other phone on the market right now that has the ease of use and hardware combination of the iPhone. Android 2.3 didn't last a day in comparison and the yellow screen hue on the Nexus S, the T-Mobile branded Android Market, shoddy camera, gps issues, app quality, ads in almost every program, and...etc. I could talk for a while about it but in short I am waiting on the next iPhone to come out-or until some 4' ips screens start appearing with ALL-DAY battery life then I might consider. Until then...Carry On!

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
@gom4381 I get what your saying, however it doesn't make sense. So for clarity, you are saying that you gave at&t a credit card number and they charged you your etf on thursday december 16th? You then activated a new T-Mobile account on the 16th? ... Then cancelled and returned the Nexus S on December 17th only to then sign up for a new at&t account on on December 17th? ... How much was your etf?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
lol...no offense gom4381, but your story seems so farfetched its hard to believe...that's why we're curious. It seems like someone who would go and buy the Nexus S would have given the phone and AT&T more than a few seconds of use before jumping ship, going to T-mobile and using it for a half of a blink of an eye, and then going back to AT&T and paying more than the phone was in ETF charges to Tmobile, lol.

Actually, im still calling BS...nobody is that stupid.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Only if his goal was to leave the family account (he may not have owned that account) and stick them with an ETF. Once he came back to AT&T, he only had to activate his iphone on his own account.

But yeah, a lot of trouble if all this was to try out a Nexus S.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I'd agree but you're talking what is assumably hundreds of dollars and alot of time spent within a matter of less than 2 days. It's like wantung to swap a new motor in a car, but first, taking every body panel off, melting down the frame and chassis, remolding all of it, constructing new body panels from raw aluminum and other products, building an engine, putting it in...then driving it off a cliff and buying a new car at a dealership.

I mean yeah, over dramatic...but in relation to what he did to get the iPhone...a good analogy.

gom4381

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
Wow! Not a second account. I had service with ATT for a few months already. I 'thought' I wanted an Android phone. I wanted to leave the family plan that I was on. Nexus S looked good because I had a Nexus One and it was stock Froyo. The screen was yellow and it looked funny after having the iPhone for a few months so it went back to the store. ETF was $285(ATT)- it goes down about ten dollars every month or something like that. There is no fee associated with retunring the Nexus S and ATT was more than happy to have me as a month-to-month customer. I appreciate the warm welcome from everyone. It was not an expensive mistake because I was going to get the new iPhone anyway. I'm Jason. Not chrisgonzales.

gom4381

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
If it wasn't any clearer I did not want to stay on the family plan. I was going to leave either way and this gave me the option get the new iPhone or switch carriers if another phone entices me. I already have the iPhone 4 32gb.

SaberSerene

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, the EVO is fine since it has sense. With out sense its just another android phone. You really have to use it to get what I mean, and not judge pictures you see on the internet.

if you root the EVO and take off sense your have amazing battery life, my friend that works at Radio Shack did this

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
If it wasn't any clearer I did not want to stay on the family plan. I was going to leave either way and this gave me the option get the new iPhone or switch carriers if another phone entices me. I already have the iPhone 4 32gb.

I guess...there really wasn't any clarity issue in what you posted, it was just the search for any semblance of logic in the process that i was having trouble understanding, but hey, sometimes things just are, right?

west3man

May 16, 2006
Visit site
I'm not calling anyone a liar, but I do wonder why such a superficial trait of the Nexus S was the cause of a return. Using the phone over time may reveal inconveniences that may turn a user away, but I would think that the look of the screen would have been obvious before purchase.

It doesn't sound like this was an online purchase so I don't see why this was a deal-breaker after x-hours of usage.

If I worked in those stores, I would have to suppress a real 'tude when merchandise is returned for reasons that should have been apparent before purchase.

Anyway, I hope that the above, plus the ETF situation, as originally described, clears up why this story didn't make much sense with some readers.

gom4381

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
The screen was not the only issue. And where I live the Best Buy doesn't let anyone sample the phones. They just have the plastic dummies for everyone to look at. Actually I have never been able to use a phone before purchase at that particular Best Buy. Nobody is at fault for me not liking the phone but with about an hour of use i figured I didn't like it. All the programs I bought for the Nexus One didnt show up in the market and some just didn't work. I thought could live with the shortcomings of the phone but couldn't. Then going from 32gb to 16gb was a heartache and also having to find three different programs to do what iTunes does.

west3man

May 16, 2006
Visit site
The screen was not the only issue. And where I live the Best Buy doesn't let anyone sample the phones. They just have the plastic dummies for everyone to look at. Actually I have never been able to use a phone before purchase at that particular Best Buy. Nobody is at fault for me not liking the phone but with about an hour of use i figured I didn't like it. All the programs I bought for the Nexus One didnt show up in the market and some just didn't work. I thought could live with the shortcomings of the phone but couldn't. Then going from 32gb to 16gb was a heartache and also having to find three different programs to do what iTunes does.

Ahh. Dummy displays strike, again!

Visitors to Best Buy here can play with a working iPad and see if it is right for them...or at least get a good idea. But they canNOT try out a working Kindle to see if the interface works for them. I hear the Kindle example is specifically an Amazon mandate/limitation, although I cannot confirm this, but it sounds a lot like shooting oneself in the foot.

Amazing.

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
My Best Buy has the dummy phones, though the Best buy Mobile store has some dummy and some real phones. (Its a Best Buy that only sells cell phones.)

I had the EVO, went to the i4, now currently using EVO (again) and want to come back to i4 (again)

Help me lol

Is there a reason why you keep going back? If its mostly based on battery life then I suggest getting this

Amazon.com: Seidio Innocell 3500 mAh Extended Life Battery for HTC EVO 4G (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories

I'm planing on buying that in a few days. Reviews on it were real nice.

From my point of view sprint has the better plans. (Unlimited data, unlimted text mobile to mobile 450 land line minuntes. $10 for 4G. Better value then being capped at 2GB, that is if you are a heavy data user) Depends on how much you use and how good the service is in your area.

It all really goes down to preface and whether or not you want to follow the "cool kids" and get an iPhone or be your self and go where ever your wallet and mind tells you.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73