Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

8 Posts
    Global Posts
    388 Global Posts

Default Opinions on charge/sync cradles?

Alright, I have an idea I've been toying with. I just picked up a '93 Camry, and it's my daily driver.

I'm getting a Clarion CX609 Receiver for Christmas from my girlfriend.

I want to run an iPod/USB cable from the receiver to a cradle dock in the little square cubby hole in front of the center console in the picture below. I have access to a dremel and whatever other tools I'll need to complete the project.

I have a 3GS, my G/F has a 4. I'm using an Otterbox Commuter on my phone, she's using a Speck Candyshell. I'm looking for a dock that a) we don't have to remove our cases for, b) will be able to be mounted in a way that isn't ugly in the car, and c) has a backing or some kind of support to prevent the phone from bouncing around as we will be in a car, and will inevitably hit a bump or something in the road.

I've been looking at the Seidio Inno Dock Jr., Konnet Reflex Sound Plus, and the Thought Out PED3 Stand with just a USB cable running through it.

What do you guys think? Would the cradle still output my music through the USB cable that plugs into it, or is the input strictly power-input only?
    iMore Newbie

28 Posts
    Global Posts
    567 Global Posts

Try calling Crutchfield. Very knowledgeable about configurations for car audio and helpful with installations as well. They also have a good selection of different mounts and such and can tell you if what you are proposing to do will work or not.